“Kick back relaxing bar and grill”

Callaghan's Irish Social Club
Ranked #5 of 752 Restaurants in Mobile
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 26 January 2018

What a neat place! Photos on the wall show historic Mobile. On the weekends there is music. Local dogs are welcome. A great place to socialize and relax and eat.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Lynn C

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Just posting Social Club was worth the trip. I think I heard a gasp and a hymnal hit the floor back home. Awesome neighborhood dive ! Classic Bacon blue cheese burger with Cole slaw. You know it's good when half way through your 8 napkins deep . Guinness gracious good time by all.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Texblueyedreamer
Reviewed 25 November 2017

This is a mobile institution. It is a classic American dive, with real memorabilia on the walls and the feel of history in the booths and tables that have been sit in for generations. literally. There is an Irish Tricolor flying from the outside and a few shamrocks, but no "chips" sadly, only American potato chips as an option with your meal. They have a nice selection of beers on tap and bottle and live music on certain evenings. We've been going here from time to time for years. As American Irish we always feel right at home.

1  Thank P3902RQwilliamp
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

WhIle in Mobile, we love to eat at Callaghans. I had the shrimp poboy and my husband enjoyed the Philly steak sandwich. The French bread and seasoned grilled shrimp were delicious. Don't forget to get the chips and dip. Always a good choice of restaurants for us.

1  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 16 November 2017

My husband and I were staying nearby and this bar/cafe was recommended to us by our AirBnb host. I pictured a huge place, but arrived to find a relatively small bar on a street corner in a neighborhood. The sides of the restaurant open up, so you can sit outside and smoke or bring your dog (or not - just enjoy being outside), but still be part of the live music and inside scene. We ordered a burger and a chicken sandwich for lunch. Both were very good. The burger was excellent. This place doesn't serve French fries or anything fried, but they offer a choice of sides. There are no prices on the menu, but everything is $10 or below. We came back later for the live music and ordered Margaritas and grilled shrimp on salad. The puffy, perfectly seasoned grilled shrimp were amazing and so plentiful! Two of us shared the salad and we had more than enough shrimp. On Wednesday nights, Phil and Stan frequently perform and they invite guest musicians. The music was wonderful and eclectic and everyone was so friendly! One note: my husband initially ordered red wine and the wine was served in a short glass and was not very good. I don't think that this place is known for its wine selection. We should have asked the server to take it off our bill because my husband couldn't finish drinking it. The Margaritas and beers on draft are great! We loved the Abita Andygator beer - high alcohol content and very tasty. Wish we had it on draft up here! Our time at Callaghan's was really fun!

1  Thank HWWoman24