“Need better bar”
Review of Dumbwaiter

Dumbwaiter
Reserve with OpenTable
Dumbwaiter is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 693 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I have been here twice recently, so I feel like I can review this place a little more accurately since both visits were similar. The menu, atmosphere and food are all deserving of a 5 rating. Seafood seems to be the best choice, but the filet was also very good. Unfortunately, the service is more like a 3.5. Decent service like you might get a good chain place but not like you expect at a more upscale place. The real problem is the bar. None of the cocktails (and between two trips with two couples several different ones have been tried) were well-received. A couple were undrinkable. Despite our voicing problems with the cocktails, no apology or alternative drink was offered. The beer selection is only draft and limited. In addition to only having about 5-6 beers, at least one (the one I wanted) has been out both times. Being "out" of things on a weekend night is not good. I will probably try one of the other excellent places downtown next time I am down there.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We happened to walk in at 8pm with a large group and no reservation. They put us in their private dining room. Fabulous. Service was outstanding. Food was good. A nice variety some salty. Brussel sprouts were my fav.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Great atmosphere! Must have the Brussel sprouts, my husband hates Brussel sprouts & loved these! Huge serving. hotel recommended it as well as trip advisor. crowded, but met some wonderfully interesting Europeans as a result! service and food top notch.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Very nice restaurant. Loved the ambiance, the wait staff AND the food. We had a fairly substantial lunch and wanted a nice dinner, nothing too heavy. We each had a Caesar Salad, served with seasoned toasted bread slices and the Seared Scallops. We were not disappointed. The salad was nice and crisp and the scallops were perfectly cooked!

Also, they had a very nice wine selection.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Place was crowded, with good vibe, good music.
I sat at the bar as I was solo, staff very friendly.

I got the green shrimp cobb salad special and it was really nicely executed.
Price was very reasonable for the food.

Some colleagues were there too and totally recommended it. Will come back, definitely.

Been to Dumbwaiter? Share your experiences!