“Nice in Monroeville”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Monroeville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Nice hotel - only one that I know of in Monroeville with inside hallway room access. Our first room had an A/C problem, but management moved us to another. Large, but simple, suite-style room. Comfortable bed. Quiet at night. Adequate breakfast, although the morning clerk was handling both the front desk and replenishing breakfast so we had to wait on a few of the "hot" items. But she was doing the best she could. Staff was friendly. FYI - 2-story hotel with no elevator, so if you or someone in your party cannot handle stairs, you should request a first-floor room when making reservations. Overall, a good hotel for the area.

Room Tip: No elevator (see review above)
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 May 2016

This is a recently renovated hotel that changed brands. It seems to be the location of choice for business travelers. It may be the only hotel in town with interior hall ways. My HVAC unit did not feel like it was working correctly because the humidity felt way too high. The bathroom floor felt damp from moisture all the time. The room was quiet at night and the bed comfortable. The continental breakfast was adequate, but average. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I will stay here again when I am working in the area.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the Country Inn in Monroeville on the way to Mobile after a very long drive. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel and the wonderful staff! I never go out of my way to write reviews, but I feel like this place deserves it. I had a very quick check in process and the staff was extremely kind. They went above and beyond to make sure I had a great stay. My room was very clean (I'm a bit of a neat freak so this greatly exceeded my expectations). The breakfast also had a lot more options than most places. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone else as well!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2016

Stopped by Monroeville to watch the To Kill a Mockingbird play. Booked this hotel because I'm a Carlson club member. This one was a little shabby by Carlson standards. There was a bucket in the hall catching dripping water the two days we were there. Housekeeping seemed annoyed that our schedule didn't align with theirs. And the carpet in our room was frayed. Not bad. Not great. Just meh.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2016

I'm very picky about cleanness and smell. I looked at several hotels in Monreville. Country Inn & Suites was a great price and much more than I expected. India was very helpful and even changed my room to the ground floor as stairs are hard for me. The sheets were clean and of good quality. I checked the mattresse pad and found it was freshly laundered also. The room had a nice flat screen tv. The complimentary breakfast had much more selections than most places including hot food. Stacy made check out quick and easy. The India and Stacy were so nice while remaining professional. I will always stay there when I come through again.

Room Tip: No elevator so if unable to do stairs request a ground floor.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo