“Biger city feel about it”
Review of Central

Central
Reserve with OpenTable
Central is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 476 Restaurants in Montgomery
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tallapoosa St
Description: Central, located at 129 Coosa Street in the heart of Montgomery's Downtown entertainment district, offers a multicultural twist on southern classics highlighting local and seasonal ingredients under the direction of Executive Chef Leonardo Maurelli, III. This locally owned gem serves wood-fired dishes in an 1890's warehouse space boasting exposed brick, flickering gas lanterns and a bustling open kitchen. Central also has three private event spaces ranging accommodating 10 - 200 people. Central serves lunch 5 days a week and dinner 6 nights a week.
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Have gone here several times and the food, from the burgers to the steaks, and service, have always been at the top of the game. The place really has the feel of a restaurant from a bigger city but fits in nicely right where it's at in downtown Montgomery.

They have a very nice room downstairs for private parties. Table, chairs, couch, and even a big TV.

After dinner take a walk around downtown...a perfect way to end the week.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Went for lunch. Service was good and food overall tasted fine. My issues were two fold. First is the hamburger. Apparently medium comes out well done. I'm guessing they don't car because they smother so much mayo and some sweet sauce on it you can't taste much else. I expect more from a high class restaurant with a $14 hamburger. Second issue was my side dish. I asked if I could substitute anything for the fries trying to be healthier. I was told yes and given several options. I chose the side salad. What the waiter didn't tell me was it's an extra $3 for giving up my fries for a small bowl of iceberg lettuce with a little tomato and cucumber that probably cost them $0.30. This is very frustrating trying to eat healthy on a budget. To summarize, bad overly expensive salad + bad communication + overcooked hamburger for $20 = never again for me. I don't understand how this place got so many good reviews.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This place is terrific! My husband is here monthly on business and has said I'd like Montgomery... loved it!!!

Everything is lovely at Central... ambiance, service, food. Brussels sprouts salad is fabulous and definitely big enough to share. Amber jack daily special was SO good and my husband enjoyed the bangers and mash (supposedly not on the menu for long ). Wine selection is good and would strongly recommend the cab from Walla Walla WA. If you can, request Brandon as your server. He made the evening perfect! Think we might go back tomorrow

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I've been here twice. The first time it was excellent food and wonderful service. The second time was ok food and horrible service.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We loved the look of this place. Big lampshade lighting and smaller drop filament bulbs gave subdued lighting to a very inviting dining area. Our server had a great personality and was eager to please. We ordered the lamb which was perfectly cooked as were the brussels sprouts. Located in The Alley, it's a really great place for a really good meal.