“Great food”
Review of Central

Central
Reserve with OpenTable
Central is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 475 Restaurants in Montgomery
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tallapoosa St
Description: Central, located at 129 Coosa Street in the heart of Montgomery's Downtown entertainment district, offers a multicultural twist on southern classics highlighting local and seasonal ingredients under the direction of Executive Chef Leonardo Maurelli, III. This locally owned gem serves wood-fired dishes in an 1890's warehouse space boasting exposed brick, flickering gas lanterns and a bustling open kitchen. Central also has three private event spaces ranging accommodating 10 - 200 people. Central serves lunch 5 days a week and dinner 6 nights a week.
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent food , nice surrounding friendly service. Been with my wife for the late dinner and it has been a great experience

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Copied from Brad: We loved everything about Central: the architecture, space, ambiance, lighting, service, and the wonderful food and drink. (Brad: sorry about the damage Irma inflicted on your area. I hope you found you home still safe when you returned. We were at Central on 9/11, I wonder if we saw you then.)

My husband has been here many times for business dinners but this was my first visit. We started with homemade pimento and cheese, which was excellent, and the strawberry front porch cocktail, which was very light and refreshing like drinking an adult version summer mix on grandma's front porch. For the main course I enjoyed the Hereford Ribeye and fried Brussels. Everything about our dinner from the time we walked in the door until leaving fully stuffed was awesome. Side note to Central. If I had to sit at that two person table right beside the hostess table I would be a very unhappy diner. Too many people right on top of you coming in and out. I suppose you use this table only when very busy, which makes it double bad

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We were displaced evacuees of hurricane IRMA hanging out in Montgomery to get a respite from the storm. We loved everything about Central: the architecture, space, ambiance, lighting, service, and the wonderful food and drink. The first night we sat in a booth and had full meals including the crispy brussels salad and the wood inspired Hereford Ribeye. We washed this down with wonderful Where the Buffolos Roam bourbon cocktails. We returned two nights later and sat at the bar. We loved the crispy brussels salad and bourbon cocktails so much we had them again. This time paired with an amazing meat and cheese platter (photo attached).

1  Thank Brad M
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Central is a chef driven restaurant in a repurposed warehouse located in the downtown entertainment district. There is valet parking.
Recently I had their New York Strip and it was a good cut and seared very will. They have a wide selection of seafood also. I had an oyster dish that was very rich. Very good for date night.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Had a business meeting but casual and Central was a perfect location. The atmosphere is open and the menu and food options are great for a business meeting or social occassion.