“5 star - fantastic!”
Review of Central

Central
Reserve with OpenTable
Central is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 475 Restaurants in Montgomery
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tallapoosa St
Description: Central, located at 129 Coosa Street in the heart of Montgomery's Downtown entertainment district, offers a multicultural twist on southern classics highlighting local and seasonal ingredients under the direction of Executive Chef Leonardo Maurelli, III. This locally owned gem serves wood-fired dishes in an 1890's warehouse space boasting exposed brick, flickering gas lanterns and a bustling open kitchen. Central also has three private event spaces ranging accommodating 10 - 200 people. Central serves lunch 5 days a week and dinner 6 nights a week.
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Absolutely amazing service - no detail missed. Food wonderful and service made it perfect! First time in Montgomery and highly recommend this for your fine dining!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I took 13 family members to dinner to celebrate a special occasion and our meal was the perfect end to a weekend celebration. Our group included 3 children which adds a challenge in itself. We were not disappointed. Every person said that their meal was outstanding and we ordered a wide variety of entrees from fish to lamb. The lamb was superb and cooked to perfection. Their desserts were also excellent.
Central has a great location, excellent ambiance and service. Ask for Niesha; I guarantee your service will be exceptional.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

So glad we could stop by for lunch on our way through Alabama. Beautiful restaurant, fantastic farm to table food, excellent service. We started with the pimento cheese and Mediterranean flat bread appetizer, and didn't stop until it was gone!! The fresh catch was a wonderful roasted chili seasoned mahi mahi, served on dirty rice with caramelized fried plaintains. My friend loved her yard bird sandwich and was sure the sandwich bun was homemade. Our waiter was very friendly and gave us great tips about our vacation destination.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent food , nice surrounding friendly service. Been with my wife for the late dinner and it has been a great experience

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Copied from Brad: We loved everything about Central: the architecture, space, ambiance, lighting, service, and the wonderful food and drink. (Brad: sorry about the damage Irma inflicted on your area. I hope you found you home still safe when you returned. We were at Central on 9/11, I wonder if we saw you then.)

My husband has been here many times for business dinners but this was my first visit. We started with homemade pimento and cheese, which was excellent, and the strawberry front porch cocktail, which was very light and refreshing like drinking an adult version summer mix on grandma's front porch. For the main course I enjoyed the Hereford Ribeye and fried Brussels. Everything about our dinner from the time we walked in the door until leaving fully stuffed was awesome. Side note to Central. If I had to sit at that two person table right beside the hostess table I would be a very unhappy diner. Too many people right on top of you coming in and out. I suppose you use this table only when very busy, which makes it double bad