“Flavorful”

Island Delight Caribbean Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 493 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Stopped here for lunch while visiting the area--located between the Civil Rights memorial and the Rosa Parks Library, it was convenient and tasty. I had Jamaican jerk chicken with plantains and potato salad, along with lemonade (with a hint of ginger). The plantains were more plump than traditional ones I've had before, so I'm not certain if they were authentic or used bananas as substitutes. The food tasted fine; it was a bit more pricey than I expected, however.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

I would like to start off and say the food is outstanding. The first visit, last night service was A1 (excellent). Today, the service was unsatisfactory. Our waitress was missing in action most of the time,during the meal.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We had the ox tails, rice and beans, potato salad and festival bread. Definitely will make your mouth salivate. Staff was very pleasant and helpful with telling me about the food. Will go back again. My kids even enjoyed their food.

1  Thank Rojeana M
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Best food for miles around! Service uneven and very casual atmosphere. Prices are a little too high. Close to downtown hotels at 32 Dexter Avenue

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I'd heard about this place and word of mouth was that Island Delight was unique and different

Food was better than advertised and the staff is super friendly. Good food, good price and authentic. I recommend, but don't go at high noon.....line was out the door.