“A wonderful week and a truly memorable experience!”
Review of Red Bluff Cottage

Red Bluff Cottage
Ranked #2 of 4 Montgomery B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 August 2009

This was my first experience in a B&B, and Bonnie and Barry have set the standard's bar very high! Southern hospitality, the most delicious breakfasts (visual feasts as well!), and the desire to take care of you and your needs made it a truly memorable stay.

Amenities included free high speed wireless internet, drinks and snacks, and candy dishes everywhere (the homemade cookies were an extra treat and delicious!). This B&B is located in the Cottage Hill area of Montgomery, 1/2 mile from downtown, and rated one of the safest areas of the city. I ran 5K one morning at 5 AM, and no worries. This home is beautiful inside and out--reminded me of my Grandmother's home.

I was here for AFITC 2009, and would recommend this B&B to anyone, but especially my military brothers and sisters! They adjusted their morning routines to accomodate our early hours (there was another military member staying here, Major Joe Meister), and to ensure we had a nourishing breakfast and morning blessing.

Besides staying here, I would also like to recommend the Montgomery Zoo and Mann Museum, the Montgomery Brewery, Tomatinos Pizza on Fairview near Huntingdon College, and Dreamland BBQ.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 August 2009

Barry and Bonnie are a blessing for the world. Their BNB blends the old world of exquisite southern charm with the 21st Century and wraps it in a friendliness that is worth the stay and then some. If you skip their home to go further up the road you are missing a treat that very few places have and even less do well at.

Barry and Bonnie have put it all together in a convenient location with comfort you will not see in the big hotels. And the breakfast… You need to be prepared for southern fare with a twist of backwoods that the big hotels would relish. The two of them should open a catering management operation and sell their recipes to the hotels.

Thank you for keeping me safe, well feed, and a part of your family.

Blessings for you both always,

IHS, Joe Meister

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I visited Montgomery in April 2009 and had the pleasure of staying three nights at the Red Bluff Cottage with Barry and Bonnie and their cat Mr. White Socks. The moment I walked in the door upon my arrival, I knew I was in for a treat!
I loved my comfortable and cozy room on the ground floor, and the home made breakfasts made by Bonnie and Barry were absolutely delicious! This is southern hospitality at its best.
The location is fine. Walking into the center of Montgomergy to the state capitol building took me maybe ten to fifteen minutes, but I like to walk. After a day of visiting all the wonderful historical sites Montgomery has to offer, coming back to Red Bluff Cottage and relaxing was an added pleasure. I am so glad I selected Red Bluff Cottage instead of one of the huge (and more expensive) downtown chain hotels.
Even in three days, I did not get to see and do everything I had wanted to. I would like to come back in the next couple years and would definitely stay again at Red Bluff Cottage.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Bonnie and Barry are the perfect hosts for a beautifully decorated inn. It was unfortunate that we spent only a night with them.
We were late getting in, however Bonnie was very understanding and we had a very welcoming reception. Barry showed us around their beautiful and exceptionally clean home. Our room was very well appointed and exceptionally clean. We had a well rested sleep after 10 hours of driving. Breakfast next morning was delicious and the conversations with the other guests and the hosts were very homely.
We were a little anxious about our decision to go with a B&B, this being our first ever experience. We were pleasantly surprised and have now decided to only go with B&B on our travels.
We would rate this inn as excellent and the overall service outstanding. Thank you Bonnie and Barry.- Aruna and Vijaya Gottumukkala, TX.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We booked the Riverboat room at the Red Bluff Cottage for one night, so we could attend a friend's wedding the next day.

Unfortunately, one of our horses became deathly ill the week of the wedding, and we weren't sure whether we would be able to attend. She had to be put to sleep the afternoon we were to arrive at Red Bluff, and we were incredibly sad to lose her. She was 30, a ripe old age for a horse, but losing her was a big shock to us.

Anyway, we decided that we really needed to stick with our plans and attend the wedding and stay at RBC. We left a message with the innkeepers, Barry and Bonnie, that we would be arrive late, around 8.

When we arrived, it was dark, but we easily found the inn, which is located right off I-65. It is near downtown Montgomery, close to lots of good restaurants and attractions.

Mr. White Socks, the inn's security cat, met us in the parking lot, and Barry met us at the door. He was so welcoming, and showed us around the inn, which was built in 1989 specifically to be a B&B. While most B&Bs have the bedrooms upstairs and the public areas (living and dining room) downstairs, RBC is backwards -- bedrooms downstairs and dining room and parlors upstairs. This way, guests don't have to hoist luggage upstairs!

Barry kindly expressed his condolences for the loss of our pet, and brought us a complimentary tray of chocolate-covered strawberries to make us feel better!

We found the Riverboat room ($125 per night) to be very comfortable and pretty. The bed was soft and comfortable, with luxurious, cozy sheets. There were several chairs, including a plush chaise lounge. The bathroom was very clean.

After dropping off our luggage, we headed to Lek's Railroad Thai (a great Thai restaurant three minutes from the B&B). We picked up takeout, and brought it back to the inn to eat. Barry joined us in the dining room, where we ate and enjoyed talking with him. He explained that Bonnie, his wife, was sick, so he would be cooking breakfast the next day.

We slept like babies, and my husband, David, woke up to coffee at 6 a.m., which the coffee maker automatically made. He read the daily paper and relaxed while I got more shut-eye. We gathered at breakfast with the only other guests, German travelers, parents with their teenage daughter.

Breakfast was great. Barry made yummy scrambled eggs with peppers and cheese, biscuits, bacon and finely grated hashbrowns. We were also served berries with yogurt and a cereal topping, which was very tasty. We enjoyed talking with Barry and the other family.

Unfortunately, our visit ended too soon, as we had to head off to the wedding! I wish we could have stayed another night, just to relax in that comfy bed and enjoy being pampered.

I would recommend this B&B to anyone traveling in Montgomery! Other special things I liked include a nice array of snacks and cold drinks, free for guests; a pretty gazebo in the backyard; nice sitting areas, one with a large television; and just the friendly, welcoming feeling we got from Barry and Bonnie. They are wonderful, and so is Red Bluff Cottage!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple