The Wakaya Club & Spa
Toberua Island Resort(Toberua Island)
US$228
US$205
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$260/night.

Colo I Suva Rainforest Eco Resort(Suva)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$26
Priceline
All reviewsfour seasonssouth pacificwhite sandy beachesprivate planedivingparadisebureresortnadiislandfijidreamboatfacesequipment
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I just returned from a two week stay at the Wakaya Club. My family was celebrating my parents' fiftieth wedding anniversary, and they could not have been happier. I do not have one negative thing to say about the place. My oldest children received their open water scuba certifications while we there. The scuba staff was fantastic! They made the whole process very enjoyable. My kids will remember their experience fondly forever. The food was great, the accommodations were great, but most of all, the staff made our experience one of our favorite vacations yet! And we have been a lot of places. I'm already planning our return to celebrate my 50th birthday.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I visited Wakaya in September 2013. We would recommend this destination for people that really want to unwind. This is an ideal place if you fantasize about curling up with a good book in a lounge chair in front of gently lapping waves for hours at a time. The greatest compliment I would pay to the resort are the fabulous people that are employed there. So many pleasant and helpful people all in one place is a rare experience.

Our typical day started with spending time in the workout facility followed by breakfast on the deck of the restaurant overlooking the water. On several occasions we spent the middle of the day enjoying a private beach picnic. The food that the restaurant provided for the picninc was simply outstanding (grilled local lobster, shrimp and fish). The resort essentially has 4 beaches for guests. The beach in front of your bure (room) was right in front of the reef. Simply step outside your bure and walk 100 feet across a green lawn to the sand and wade into the water, swim 100 feet and you were on top of an absolutely spectacular coral reef. A second large beach was just around the corner (short walk) from the bures. The final two beaches were private and were reserved for only one couple per beach. Staff from the resort would have the land rover loaded up with your picnic lunch including beverages of your choice. You are then driven 10 to 15 minutes to a remote spot on the island for the picnic. Lounge chairs and towels are waiting. The driver unloads the picnic on the tables that are set with flowers. Just fabulous.

Dinner is served at the restaurant beginning at 7pm. We began each evening with a cocktail in the bar of the restaurant overlooking a fabulous view of the ocean. The menu items for breakfast remained the same through the stay. The menu items for lunch and dinner changed daily. The food was consistently good and occasionally exceptional. We loved the freshness of the ingredients and moderate size of portions the restaurant served. No junk food to be found on the island.

Wakaya is definitely a diver's paradise. The little harbor had 2 or 3 boats that were always ready to take scuba divers and snorkelers to the reef that surrounds the island. I snorkeled a great deal and was blown away by the abundance and variety of marine life. Other guests raved about the scuba diving.

The island also has a variety of activities that one can enjoy. My wife and I agreed to do one of these activities each day. The resort has a very modest 9 hole golf course with clubs and balls ready for any guest. No tee times. Just show up and play. No dress code either. We also played croquet on a very nice court. There also hikes and tours provided by hotel employees that are definitely worth the time. There is also a local artisan who spends all day carving beautiful pieces of wood in his open air studio. We also spent two afternoons at the spa. The two treatment rooms open right up to the shore of the ocean. It was so peaceful getting a massage and simultaneously hearing the waves lap up on the shore. A great experience.

My one caveat for people interested in visiting is to come prepared for quite a bit of mosquito activity. The resort provides a natural insect repellant but there were many times I wished I had brought some spray with DEET.

Overall, we would wholly recommend Wakaya and would like to return sometime in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank goingtocyprus
Reviewed 28 June 2013

the perfect place, the perfect flowers all over to smell on the walk to your perfect room (more like perfect huge villa). perfect food, perfect weather, perfect hospitality, perfect location. Pure perfection. Fiji will live in my heart forever and ever. My fear is returning because do not want to ruin the perfect memory. However, we will when our children are grown and we start 'dating' again.

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank pjbirdie
Reviewed 9 May 2013

One of the most remarkable places on the planet. Comfy bures with fabulous outdoor showers! Your fridge is well stocked & can accomodate your requests. There's lots to do, but also it's just the best place to lay in a hammock & let the world spin without you for an hour or two. We've been 3 times & never failed to decompress fully. The diving is world class & the their staff spoils you so badly, you can't really dive anywhere else without regret. All the service is so warm & genuine. Wakaya is not for those wanting a big party scene. It's an intimate property that's very private, yet we've met such lovely folks over the years. The Private Beach picnic on the spot where Keith Richards fell out of the tree is always a treat! And the spaaaaahhhhh....sigh....heavenly! The food. Four words: organic, fresh, creative & delicious. The dining room is literally our favorite restaurant in the world. You can ask for anything & to the best of their ability the staff will accomodate from meals to hikes. The workout room is also excellent! If you want to go off the grid to reconnect with each other in tropical paradise, you want Wakaya. It's worth every penny. And give our best to Janette, the manager, she's aces!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sassypants01
WakayaMgr, Manager at The Wakaya Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Thank you for your kind words! We look forward to hosting you again for your fourth visit to Wakaya and maybe for two weeks this time!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

My husband and I returned to the Wakaya Club for the second time in four years and I'm happy to report that it is still just as heavenly...the best snorkelling ever and the accommodations, staff, and food are tops. Every detail is thought of and executed with a friendly smile.
The island is a natural paradise with wild goats, horses and fallow deer freely wandering around the island outside the beautiful golf course and club compound areas.
It was our first Christmas away from home and it was delightful to experience in a relaxing Fijian way, surrounded by the tranquil beauty of nature.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the one bedroom Bures and they are all equal in oceanfront beauty and decor.The bar fridge is always stocked with yummy cookies and snacks in case you are hungry after your activities! Each one has a huge lava rock outdoor shower in addition to the large indoor tub [which we never felt like using]
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple