“great location, great price”

Pentahotel Shanghai
Ranked #62 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Some of the reviews worried me a bit - that the bathroom would be too small, that the room wouldn't be that comfortable, that it would be too loud at night (I am a light sleeper). I had no problems with any of that. The room was great, the bed was super-comfortable, the bathroom was completely fine, and I didn't hear anything at night. This hotel also has a super location by the metro and some good dining options, and for the price I paid it was a fantastic value. I really enjoyed my stay.

The one critique that was correct is that the free internet is not reliable. The first night night it worked great. The second night it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't, and even when it did work, it wasn't fast enough to keep my VPN connection. And I do think that, in this day and age, reasonably fast wifi should be a basic amenity.

But that does not change my overall very positive opinion of the hotel. It was a nice room for a great price in a great location, so I would stay here again 100 times out of 100.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Marcel v, General Manager at Pentahotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thank you for your positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your nice remarks about our value for money room rates, location and facilities. I am sorry you had some trouble with the WiFi and we will have your room checked to have this resolved. We look forward to have you back very soon!

There are newer reviews for Pentahotel Shanghai

Reviewed 12 June 2017

nice hotel in modern style located in the center of Shanghai's ZhongShan Park district. We always had breakfast outside because there are so many kinds of restaurants everywhere - especially we preferred Dim-Sum or fried Wantan in the morning. Many shops and restaurants, a huge shopping-center and the metro-station lines 2 + 3 + 4 at ZhongShan-Park are only some minutes away. Nice rooms, reasonable prices, good service, free WiFi, free bicycles - everyhing was perfect ! CAN BE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank gourmet0072015

Thank you for your very positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and appreciate your nice remarks about our hotel and fantastic location with metro lines 2, 3 and 4 right on our doorstep. Thanks also for your remarks about our vibrant neighbourhood and value for money product. We look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2017

i want thank Jeffery Wang for his excellent job. His help made made trip a succes.
The team of Penta was very nice, the room was perfect.
Enough choice for breakfast, and very cosy bar in the evening :-)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marcel v, General Manager at Pentahotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Thank you for your enthusiastic comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that Jeffrey looked after you. Thanks for your positive comments about our pentalounge and breakfast and we now look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I have stayed at the Penta many times when in Shanghai for both work and leisure. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a very convenient location with the metro around the corner. The surrounding area is full of good value restaurants and the Yue Restaurant on the 2nd floor of the hotel serves excellent Cantonese food. Zhongshan Park across the road from the hotel is interesting with many locals enjoying the outdoors including older Chinese couples dancing together in the afternoons and evening. I have always felt very safe in this area which is important as a woman travelling alone.

Room Tip: Pentaplus rooms offer more space
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you continue supporting us as one of our loyal guests and I am glad you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. Thank you for your nice remarks about our YU1525 restaurant and fantastic location right next door to the popular and well connected Zhongshan Park metro station, beautiful park and vibrant - but safe - neighbourhood. We look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

It is a convenient travel hotel with reasonably good breakfast. If you like Salsa dancing it is there every weekend. Koreans and Expats would be found enjoying dancing. The lobby is small but relatively well designed. Have a drink there in the evening at the lobby bar was a treat. Comfort Music is available.

Room Tip: Ask higher floors to avoid noise at lobby during weekend
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Marcel v, General Manager at Pentahotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Thank you for your positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your nice remarks about our hotel, breakfast and vibrant pentalounge. We look forward to have you back very soon!