“nice hotel for business trip”

Pentahotel Shanghai
Ranked #62 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 5 July 2017

the hotel is about 30min taxi from shanghai airport. it was a nice hotel for business trip with short period. the room was clean and with stable wifi. there have a mini gym room. the ground floor louge was quite nice. teh breakfast buffet although have many choice, but this quit good (still provide Western and Chinese style). there also had bicycle for rent, it was the famous Taiwan brand [GIANT]. there had metro station nearby. restaurant and massage was around the hotel. teh staff was nice, and also good in english

Room Tip: choose the room facing the street, then can enjoy the sun shine from the window at the morning
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Marcel v, General Manager at Pentahotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you for your positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your nice remarks about our fantastic location near the airport and metro station but also for your comment about our vibrant pentalounge. We look forward to have you back very soon!

There are newer reviews for Pentahotel Shanghai

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Nothing is special just as normal. No significant change since my last stay. For breakfast, the choice of food is nearly the same everyday and the taste of food is ok to me. the room cleanliness is acceptable.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am happy to hear your observations and thank you for sharing these with us and the rest of the Tripadvisor Community. We look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Penta for a long weekend and would like to say thank you to Lance at the front desk for being extremely helpful and friendly. Lance answered all enquires very patiently and the noodle bar he recommended was fantastic! Thank you Lance, you have made my trip at Penta Shanghai wonderful!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Marcel v, General Manager at Pentahotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you for your enthusiastic comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that Lance looked after you and made some good recommendations. Thanks for your positive comments and we now look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Rooms are comfortable and the service very good. You'll be impressed with the restaurant as it was great! You won't regret staying here if you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Shanghai! You will love it!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your nice remarks about our value for money hotel and vibrant pentalounge. We look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Some of the reviews worried me a bit - that the bathroom would be too small, that the room wouldn't be that comfortable, that it would be too loud at night (I am a light sleeper). I had no problems with any of that. The room was great, the bed was super-comfortable, the bathroom was completely fine, and I didn't hear anything at night. This hotel also has a super location by the metro and some good dining options, and for the price I paid it was a fantastic value. I really enjoyed my stay.

The one critique that was correct is that the free internet is not reliable. The first night night it worked great. The second night it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't, and even when it did work, it wasn't fast enough to keep my VPN connection. And I do think that, in this day and age, reasonably fast wifi should be a basic amenity.

But that does not change my overall very positive opinion of the hotel. It was a nice room for a great price in a great location, so I would stay here again 100 times out of 100.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Marcel v, General Manager at Pentahotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thank you for your positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your nice remarks about our value for money room rates, location and facilities. I am sorry you had some trouble with the WiFi and we will have your room checked to have this resolved. We look forward to have you back very soon!