Pentahotel Shanghai
US$104
US$152
US$98
  • Pool
All reviewszhongshan parkworld hoteloperations managersubway entrancereception area isrooms are cleanfree wififront desk staffnice hotelshopping mallconvenient locationf bnice roombusiness triphotel roomhongqiao airportbreakfast buffet is
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Nothing is special just as normal. No significant change since my last stay. For breakfast, the choice of food is nearly the same everyday and the taste of food is ok to me. the room cleanliness is acceptable.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marcel v, General Manager at Pentahotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you for your comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am happy to hear your observations and thank you for sharing these with us and the rest of the Tripadvisor Community. We look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Penta for a long weekend and would like to say thank you to Lance at the front desk for being extremely helpful and friendly. Lance answered all enquires very patiently and the noodle bar he recommended was fantastic! Thank you Lance, you have made my trip at Penta Shanghai wonderful!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Marcel v, General Manager at Pentahotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you for your enthusiastic comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that Lance looked after you and made some good recommendations. Thanks for your positive comments and we now look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Rooms are comfortable and the service very good. You'll be impressed with the restaurant as it was great! You won't regret staying here if you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Shanghai! You will love it!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your nice remarks about our value for money hotel and vibrant pentalounge. We look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Some of the reviews worried me a bit - that the bathroom would be too small, that the room wouldn't be that comfortable, that it would be too loud at night (I am a light sleeper). I had no problems with any of that. The room was great, the bed was super-comfortable, the bathroom was completely fine, and I didn't hear anything at night. This hotel also has a super location by the metro and some good dining options, and for the price I paid it was a fantastic value. I really enjoyed my stay.

The one critique that was correct is that the free internet is not reliable. The first night night it worked great. The second night it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't, and even when it did work, it wasn't fast enough to keep my VPN connection. And I do think that, in this day and age, reasonably fast wifi should be a basic amenity.

But that does not change my overall very positive opinion of the hotel. It was a nice room for a great price in a great location, so I would stay here again 100 times out of 100.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Marcel v, General Manager at Pentahotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thank you for your positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your nice remarks about our value for money room rates, location and facilities. I am sorry you had some trouble with the WiFi and we will have your room checked to have this resolved. We look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2017

nice hotel in modern style located in the center of Shanghai's ZhongShan Park district. We always had breakfast outside because there are so many kinds of restaurants everywhere - especially we preferred Dim-Sum or fried Wantan in the morning. Many shops and restaurants, a huge shopping-center and the metro-station lines 2 + 3 + 4 at ZhongShan-Park are only some minutes away. Nice rooms, reasonable prices, good service, free WiFi, free bicycles - everyhing was perfect ! CAN BE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank gourmet0072015

Thank you for your very positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and appreciate your nice remarks about our hotel and fantastic location with metro lines 2, 3 and 4 right on our doorstep. Thanks also for your remarks about our vibrant neighbourhood and value for money product. We look forward to have you back very soon!