All reviewszhongshan parksubway entrancereception area isfree wifirooms are cleannice hotelfront desk staffshopping mallconvenient locationspeak good englishnice roomhotel is situatedbusiness tripstandard roomhongqiao airportchinese foodjeffery
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel entrance is close to exit 5 but there is a 10-15 minutes walk from the platform, including about 4 flights of stairs. This is unavoidable as none of Zhongshan Park’s 8 exits have elevator/escalator.
To us this is an ideal budget solution close to both the subway that connects both airports so we accept the long walk and stairs.
Renaissance Hotel is nearby which is close to a different exit with much better room/amenity, much shorter walk, and a direct elevator from subway station, but the price is about three times compare to this one.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ming2014
Marcel v, General Manager at Pentahotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your nice remarks about our hotel and fantastic location with metro lines 2, 3 and 4 right next door with line 2 taking you to both airports conveniently and fast. Thanks also for pointing out our 'value for money' proposition in comparison to the other nearby hotel. We look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, friendly staff, convenient great location, very close to Metro station. Clean room. Has pool table in the lobby. Wifi signal is not that great in the room. Only two negatives I found is that room service is limited to pizza and salad only. Would have atleast preferred room service of items that are on their restaurant menu. And the breakfast area stinks when they have fish on the buffet.

Try their smoothies and fresh fruit juices. It's great. I will stay there again if I visit Shanghai.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your nice remarks about our hotel and fantastic location with metro lines 2, 3 and 4 right on our doorstep. I am sorry you found our room service options limited and found the wifi signal weak. We look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Its me second stay after a year and the place feels run down, rooms a dirty bathroom kind of smelly and fixtures broken and the mattress turned into a U shape, aircon not really working cant get a proper temperature setting, overall not worth returning. And the staff stuffed up the wifi gave me wrong password and wasted an hour until they figured it out. Should have stayed in the next door new world hotel which was only 15$ more a night. And has a proper gym.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SailorSaki-HK
Marcel v, General Manager at Pentahotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thank you for your constructive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very sorry to hear you were unhappy about the quality of the room. I know our Operations Manager - Jeffery - spoke to you before your departure and has already apologised for the inconvenience. If in future you are not satisfied with your room, please contact the reception desk so that we allocate you an alternative straight away. Please note that all the issues you have mentioned have been addressed and rectified. Once again I am sorry for the inconvenience and look forward to have you back with us very soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

It is a new style hotel just next to New World Shanghai hotel. The location is convenience as it close to exit 5 of Zhongshan Park station metro line number 2. Need to find a right exit if you travel to hotel by metro as other exit is far away. People is nice and can speak good English, room is big and the breakfast is good. Just the lighting in bath room is not bright enough and pillow is a bit hard. Overall is nice and will stay again next time.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your nice remarks about our hotel and fantastic location with metro lines 2, 3 and 4 right on our doorstep. Thanks also for your compliments about the English proficiency levels of our team and extensive buffet breakfast. We look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The room was a good size, had a very comfortable bed and good aircon. There's a trendy and popular bar downstairs that serves good food. The hotel is next to the metro and the area has some convenience stores and a large Mall (you would need to take the Metro to get to central Shanghai and the tourist areas). For the price the hotel was excellent. The only drawbacks were the staff have variable levels of English (although did do there best to help me out) and I would have appreciated free bottled water throughout my stay rather than just one bottle on the first day. I would stay here again, particularly since the hotel is much cheaper than many comparable hotels in Shanghai.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your very enthusiastic comments about pentahotel Shanghai and that we offer 'excellent value' and are 'much cheaper than many comparable hotels in Shanghai'. Most of our guests agree with you that we have a fantastic location and that the pentalounge has a terrific vibe and provides some great comfort food. I am sorry to hear some of the teams English language skills weren't as good as you expected and that the bottled water was missing in your room as its our standard to have 2 bottles available in your room upon arrival. Thanks again for your positive comments and we now look forward to have you back very soon!