“Best skincenter in Shanghai !”
Review of SkinCity 5.5

SkinCity 5.5
Ranked #4 of 80 Spas & Wellness in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: SkinCity 5.5, a modern-day spa, focuses exclusively on skincare with international techniques and standards. Conveniently located in the bustling city of Shanghai, it offers a place to relax, refresh and revive. The modern interior design is urban chic with a subway theme to match their concept of helping guests get to "Destination: Wellness". The center is fully equipped with water and air filtration systems and uses one-time-disposal tools and products for all treatments, meeting the highest standards for hygiene. Facial treatments use Babor products from Germany, a 61-year-old brand known for using natural ingredients and effective results for all skin types and conditions. Living in the city can make life tough for skin; however, no matter the climate of your lifestyle, it is possible to have fantastic skins! Come to SkinCity 5.5 and we'll return your skin back to pH 5.5, where it should be.
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I can only recommand people to come to this place ! I've been there for 5 months, once every month and my skin is much better than 5 months ago ! I will go there again because the products are amazing !

1  Thank margot l

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Bad experience. Staff was not interested, I had to ask for water before it was served to me very unwillingly. No smiling from them of course!

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I went to SkinCity 5.5 to get a facial after my skin was in a terrible state due to Shanghai pollution. When I arrived I was greeted by a lovely woman, I explained to her what I needed (mostly treatment for blackheads) and she recommended the appropriate facial. I also opted for a relaxing neck and back massage since I have back problems.
You can choose which background music they play while they do the facial/massage which was super cool detail!
The massage began with a Chinese style rub (quite harsh and with attention to energy points) and then she used oil. I can't explain how relaxing it was! I even fell asleep.

The oil facial I got also felt incredible all throughout, she washed her hands after coming back into the room every time and she was very thorough. I would definitely recommend it if you're in dire need of a skin revival treatment! The products used felt very soft on my skin and the extractions were completely painless.

However, once I finished the treatment I went down to pay and I was met by who I believe is the receptionist, I felt a bit pressured to get a membership after he repeated a few times that "I had spent quite a lot of money so I might as well get a membership". He was also pushy with another customer to follow SkinCity on WeChat despite her saying she would get back to him several times because she had to go. I understand why they do it, but the last thing you want to hear after treating yourself to a nice facial and massage is that you just spent a lot of money (we already know!). I think that can damage the atmosphere of relaxation and can make you leave rather frustrated or anxious.

2  Thank Jiangmeilin
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a place to get a facial and waxing, affortunately I found SkinCity 5.5 which offer a complete self care services in fair price. The place is comfortable, the people is so nice that make you feel like home and as well they are so devoted to their job for you to have the best service and a great experience. So far I have tried eyebrow threading and I loved it! (To let you know that I'm so picky for my eyebrows and trying new places, this because I've done it for years) I highly recommend to give it a try!

1  Thank Chela G
Reviewed 5 April 2017

I had the full body massage, and it was worth every single penny! I was exhausted after several days of travel, and tired from the hard hotel bed. After the massage and facial, I looked and felt so much better!
A little or a lot of English is spoken, depending on who you encounter. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
I cannot recommend this place highly enough. I'll be back when I go to Shanghai next.

2  Thank piaojiaxi11