“Very nice and relaxed place”
Review of SkinCity 5.5

SkinCity 5.5
Ranked #5 of 82 Spas & Wellness in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: SkinCity 5.5, a modern-day spa, focuses exclusively on skincare with international techniques and standards. Conveniently located in the bustling city of Shanghai, it offers a place to relax, refresh and revive. The modern interior design is urban chic with a subway theme to match their concept of helping guests get to "Destination: Wellness". The center is fully equipped with water and air filtration systems and uses one-time-disposal tools and products for all treatments, meeting the highest standards for hygiene. Facial treatments use Babor products from Germany, a 61-year-old brand known for using natural ingredients and effective results for all skin types and conditions. Living in the city can make life tough for skin; however, no matter the climate of your lifestyle, it is possible to have fantastic skins! Come to SkinCity 5.5 and we'll return your skin back to pH 5.5, where it should be.
Reviewed 22 August 2017

My husband and I had a massage few days ago and was a really good. The staff can speak English, they was really polite and respectful. We are going to come back soon!!

2  Thank Martina S
in 15 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 23 June 2017

It is not easy to decide on which spa or skin care centre when you are spoilt for choice, especially in Shanghai.

Using TripAdvisor rating as a guide is one good way. Decided to check out SkinCity to see if they are really that good based on the many excellent reviews they received.

Was warmly greeted by the courteous receptionist and shown the spa menu. Decided to pamper myself and opted for Gentlemen's Rescue, a 60 min guy facial followed by a 60 mins massage.

Not one who is used to doing facials, I was pleasantly surprised by how relaxing it was. It was nice to have a "glow" on a face that was neglected for so long.The therapist was most professional and the soothing ambience filled with instrumental music made the difference.

The hour long body massage was much needed after all the travelling. Came out fully recharged and ready to take on a hectic schedule for the next few days.

Yes, they fully deserve the many positive reviews and I would strongly recommend any visitor to Shanghai to give it a try.

3  Thank SHWong88
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I can only recommand people to come to this place ! I've been there for 5 months, once every month and my skin is much better than 5 months ago ! I will go there again because the products are amazing !

2  Thank margot l
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Bad experience. Staff was not interested, I had to ask for water before it was served to me very unwillingly. No smiling from them of course!

1  Thank CranberryT
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I went to SkinCity 5.5 to get a facial after my skin was in a terrible state due to Shanghai pollution. When I arrived I was greeted by a lovely woman, I explained to her what I needed (mostly treatment for blackheads) and she recommended the appropriate facial. I also opted for a relaxing neck and back massage since I have back problems.
You can choose which background music they play while they do the facial/massage which was super cool detail!
The massage began with a Chinese style rub (quite harsh and with attention to energy points) and then she used oil. I can't explain how relaxing it was! I even fell asleep.

The oil facial I got also felt incredible all throughout, she washed her hands after coming back into the room every time and she was very thorough. I would definitely recommend it if you're in dire need of a skin revival treatment! The products used felt very soft on my skin and the extractions were completely painless.

However, once I finished the treatment I went down to pay and I was met by who I believe is the receptionist, I felt a bit pressured to get a membership after he repeated a few times that "I had spent quite a lot of money so I might as well get a membership". He was also pushy with another customer to follow SkinCity on WeChat despite her saying she would get back to him several times because she had to go. I understand why they do it, but the last thing you want to hear after treating yourself to a nice facial and massage is that you just spent a lot of money (we already know!). I think that can damage the atmosphere of relaxation and can make you leave rather frustrated or anxious.

2  Thank Jiangmeilin