Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel
US$171
US$133
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
All reviewssubway stationlangao roadsliding wallsmodern star hotelexcellent hotelthe club loungeon demandduring rush hourhotel offershopping mallsmall malldinner buffetlounge staffloved this hotelstayed at this hotel for nightsgold memberchinese restaurant
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Great Hotel- although location is not at the heart of Shanghai, but complete with accessible nearby mall where u can get your daily needs- Excellent hotel facility, and brand new - Service are excellent - certain portion of its rooms seem to be in association with tour operators and hence you can see big crowds- which fortunately not so loud. It will be louder if they are local tourists :-)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JackLim88
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We liked this hotel. Our room was quiet, everything was clean and worked well. Some in our group didn't care for the sliding walls that were necessary to make a room of and isolate the bathroom from the bed room. This didn't bother us. There is a shower in addition to the tub.

The concierge was helpful to us a couple of different times.

The breakfast was very good with a variety of western and Chinese food. The chef would cook eggs to your request.

The hotel is isolated, but that was not a problem for us since we were on a big bus tour.

Be sure to check out other traveler photos as they are accurate. No need to duplicate.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maurice95
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here due to rate we got and the facilities it had. Pros - facility is 5 star but the location is not. However, the subway stop is literally across the street and if you don't mind adding about 20 minutes each day to get to the sights, I would highly recommended this hotel. We started out in the morning, had dinner before returning to the hotel and then relaxed until the next day. It has very comfortable beds and great tub and shower.
Breakfast was included in our room rate. You need to sign for it every day, but there are no charges if you have it in your room rate. If not included, it is quite expensive. Cappacino is included with breakfast rate which you would not know if someone did not tell you this.
The staff spoke enough English for us to communicate and tried to be as helpful as they could be.
Couple of tips - even though we had the hotel address printed in chinese, the taxi from the airport seemed to get lost along the way. As we had no way to communicate (my Chinese is non existent), I would have the directions that are on their website in English translated into Chinese. Instead of 200 CNY that they say it should cost, it cost us 279 CNY. It is a little difficult to find the main entrance to the hotel when arriving in vehicle so I would do my research ahead of time and make sure I have instructions in Chinese. We arrived too late to take the public transportation.
We took metro back to the airport. If you have luggage on wheels there is handicapped entrance across the street - you take an elevator into the station, go through security, lift your bags over the metal divider and then take an elevator into the metro station. Line 7 connects directly to the maglev at longyeng Road. Once you arrive, we did not find the signage great to find the Maglev. You need to exit, go outside (take 2-3 stairs) and the take an escalor up to the maglev on the second level. Remember to show your airline ticket/boarding passes at you get a 20% discount. It departs every 15 minutes - think it stops running at 22:00.
The only negative I have to say about this hotel is the thermastat in the room. I could not adjust it to say 20 C. It was a bit warm.

Room Tip: I booked for a room with king bed and no smoking, and asked to be on a higher floor. We were given a room that met our requests. We booked directly on the website quite a few months in advance. Worked out great. Internet is free for Marriott members and we had some wine and cheese in the room when we arrived. So join, if you are not a member.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Albertatraveler
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Hotel is new and morden and clean. Spent 5 nights there and had to complain to the check-in counter 3 times.
First time: a group of people were so loud near the lift on the 9th floor at 2am on my first night there;
Second time: a group of men next room were so loud and had to call the front desk on my 3rd night there;
Third time: one of my local friends had a very difficulty time to leave me a package at the front costomer service counter. A argument occured between the staff and my friend. That is totally unacceptable.
The management team should have trained the employees better, with a clear guildline, with a professional attitude, to limit such incident happen again in the future.

Recommendation: ask a room as far away from the lift as possible, noticed there were many tour groups in the hotel and they might have a very early check in/out time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank J L
Reviewed 10 November 2011

My wife and I stayed here 2 nights in November 2011 as part of a tour. Very nice hotel with clean and comfortable room, well-appointed bath, very comfortable bed. Spacious soaring lobby and a very nice breakfast buffet with a large selection and good omlette chef.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends