I stayed at this apartment for 1 month with my family and was constantly disappointed from day one. This is the list:
- the minibus that they promised to picked-us up from airport (we were 5 people) was of really bad quality. The inside/interior was very smelly, dirty and was very old.
- we took up 2 units. When we signed the contracts, we were promised many things for free, including 3 air purifiers, water dispensers, baby cot, etc. Only after staying for 3 days, they tried to take some of them back, saying that other units needed them. When I told them that we have signed the contract and it clearly said we got them for free for the whole period of our stay, they insisted that at least we gave up some as other units really needed them. I ended up giving some of the free-stuffs back as I could not stand being hassled every day
- several times, the engineers, using their own keys, just came to our room without knocking. We could not put the safety lock on the doors as we used 2 different units without inside connecting door. One time, when I came out of the bathroom, suddenly I found 2 male engineers inside my bedroom with their drills and about to take out my wardrobe. It turned out there was a mistake as it was different unit that was complaining about malfunction wardrobe. I was very angry as they should not come in without us letting them in. I was really concerned about my safety and privacy.
- only after staying for 9 days, we were already being constantly asked if we would like to extend to another month. However, they said that if we do, we would have to pay higher rent, even when it was clearly mentioned in the contract that we could keep the same units at the same price if we extend. When we confronted them with the signed contract, they mentioned different things to not honoring the contract, such as they now have different pricing policy, it was the mistake of the marketing agent, etc.
- front desk called us several times at night (10 PM, 11 PM) just to remind us that the next day they had 'happy hour'. Our 8-month old baby woke up every time they called. After complaining with no result, I ended-up having to disconnect the phone every night.
- they provide free breakfast, but it was really not a breakfast. They only had cereals and donuts, that's it. Nothing else.
- it was always frustrating to speak English with the front desk
- housekeeping almost always did a bad job in cleaning. I always needed to clean the glasses and plates myself again
We ended-up not extend the stay there and moved to nearby Frasers Suite Top Glory for our second-month at Shanghai and we had totally different experience there. Was really a great decision to move.
If you stay with family for at least a month, AVOID THIS PLACE and you will thank me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lanson Place Jin Qiao luxury serviced apartments are set in a landscaped residential estate next to a modern shopping mall with stores and restaurants, close to office parks and industrial estates. The residences are in comfortable one and two bedroom layouts with elegant furnishings and fully-fitted kitchens. The property has an exercise room, a library, and full Wi-Fi connectivity. The serviced apartments are close to Shanghai’s expatriate communities, international schools, European supermarkets and restaurants in Pudong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Expedia so you can book your Lanson Place Jin Qiao Serviced Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.