“Near airport!”

Royal International Hotel
Ranked #112 of 5,138 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Is totally Chinese and design for Chinese. The rooms are updated. Requesting not smoking room , don't do any good, just less stink! any hotel you go in China still smell like cigarettes. They don't care and smoke anyways. Breakfast, make sure you go early, so you can have some fruits and juices. Also if you room come with one breakfast include, and is more them one , mention them before they tell you, they kind rude, not only this hotel, any hotel in China!!! No everyone speaks English here, but you can get help in case needs. Arrange the ride back to airport 1 day prior, is kind hard with taxi, but that's only option when you coming late, don't panic, the way to the hotel, looks like we was going to a abandoned and danger neighborhood, special when is night time! Everything looks scare. Heads up , they under a lot remodeling and construction . Overall hotel looks good!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a one night layover with very convenient hotel shuttle taking us to the airport. The hotel and room itself has a similar modern-like design that I liked. Some features I really liked are that the window curtains are automatic. One problem we experienced was that we couldn't turn off the shower while it is still spitting out warm water. The handle isn't stuck. It's probably something behind it that is loose. We called the front desk about the problem and they sent a repairman to come and fix the handle. We also requested a new room but however, the repairman came and took about 5 to 10 minutes to fix it. Wow! So we ended up calling the front desk again to cancel the new room request and we ended up staying in our room, getting some sleep and saving a lot of time. Way to go Royal International! I'll give you a 5/5 for wonderful and fast service!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jonathan C
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is designed well but the upkeep is not great. The beds are not too comfortable and the pillows are awful. The worst thing though is the mosquitos in your room. I'm not sure how they get in but it's like sitting by bushes after a heavy rain. More bites in one day im my room than I had in 6 days in Cambodia. Ok value but invest is bug spray!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sinead B
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Booked my room literally a day before arriving, on a deal so had no clue what to expect. Lets just say that I was pleasantly surprised! The staff were all friendly and helpful, and helped me book a taxi to the airport for early in the morning, which I appreciated.

The room was very spacious, the bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to get up. The room came with both a shower and a separate bath which was amazing.

Was surprised to get such a good room for only £80 (As in the UK I would definitely need to pay more for such a room). Would highly recommend this hotel, and would return. Perfect place to stay if you need need a place to stay before catching a flight as the airport, Pudong, is a 15-20min drive away,

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank ascott s
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

The reason for staying here is the ease of transfet to the airport. That said, its a spacious hotel with good sized rooms and an enormous bathroom (a family could live in
it). The bed was hard but not impossible.

Reasons why I wont stay here again:
The area around the hotel did not look conducive to walking etc
Air con too hot and staff dont speak enough english to understand so we spent an uncomfortanle night.
Staff were sweet and wanted to be of service but their lack of english creatwd barriers to resolution.
Warm white wine on restaurant. So we had a cocktail.... hmmm best avoided.
Macau restaura t is not on the 3rd floor ad advertised but is outside the hotel and staff speak no english at all so couldnt order the advertised signature dish as not specified in menu.
Airport transfers are not hourlt therefore it neans you have to go earlier than required. I was told to het my own transport. I am grumpy so I refused. They advertise it so they have to provide it Eventually they agreed but who needs the hassle! Its our last day in China and it wasnt special as we would have wanted. Damn it.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rosie M
Management response:Responded 25 May 2017

Dear Guest, We would like to thank you for sharing your valuable experince that can let us work on these points to improve our service standard with clearly direction, For better English communication we have 24 hours available Guest Service Manager via +86 -21 -5050 9500 extn 6885! if there is anything we might be of your assistance in future pls feel free to contact us via gm@royal-sh.net,
Yours Sincerely