“Olivia was a brilliant!”

SAT China - Day Tours
Shanghai Half Day of Local Breakfast and Morning Activities Tour
Ranked #13 of 130 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SAT China provides you with the most memorable, fun and informative genuine Shanghai Experience! We offer you various features of tours (classic, special, culture, customized), vehicle services with chauffeurs, airport transfers, show/transportation tickets purchase/booking in advance, etc.
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We are a family of four from Ireland. We took the 2 day 'Old and New Shanghai - Tour Program. Olivia was brilliant. Her English was very good and her knowledge of all of the places we visited was very thorough. Olivia was always attentive to our needs and adjusted the pace of the tour according to our interest - as for examples our daughters need to explore the shops in the French Concession. All in all Olivia and SAT Private Tours made our trip to Shanghai a much richer experience - a full 5 Star service.

1  Thank Stephen S

Reviewed 7 June 2017

In May 2017 I travelled to Shanghai with my daughter and a friend. We were a little worried about travelling overseas for the first time, especially to such a large city that was not English speaking, so we booked a driver for 5 days through SAT tours, and an English speaking guide for 2 whole days.
Our expectations were far exceeded.
We had a completely stress free and enjoyable 6 days.
Kathy was our tour guide. She was brilliant!
Our driver did not speak English, but he was friendly and kind, his car was clean and very comfortable and spacious. He even pulled over and shouted us breakfast one morning.
Kathy, our tour guide, was kind, friendly, happy and very knowledgeable.
Kathy was very accommodating of everything we wanted to see and do. We couldn't believe how much we squeezed into 2 days of sight seeing with her.
Kathy taught us lots of things about Shanghai and Chinese history and culture.
Kathy got along great with my young daughter and was very protective of her.
Kathy helped us to negotiate great deals in the markets, and helped us to steer clear of bad deals.
My favourite parts of the trip were the traditional Chinese breakfast, the morning activities in the park, the Bund night cruise, and our trip to the ancient water village. I also like the museum, the tv tower, the temple and the markets.
Kathy spoke excellent English, and helped us to learn simple chinese sayings. She even taught my daughter to sing a couple of songs in Chinese.
We would recommend SAT tours and Kathy to anyone travelling to Shanghai.
We hope to travel their again soon and will definitely give SAT and Kathy a call.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I highly recommend SAT!! I came to Shanghai for a business trip, and my flight home wasn't until 8:00pm the day after the event. I have never been to Shanghai and was a bit intimidated to try to plan a day of sightseeing by myself. I emailed SAT and told them when I would be in town and what I was looking for. They promptly responded and I ended up doing the "1-Day Fabulous Shanghai Highlights Tour," slightly adjusted for my schedule. The value (price) was great compared to other tour companies, and I emailed multiple times leading up to the trip (for example, my hotel changed last minute) and they were always prompt in their responses. They picked me up from my hotel and even dropped me off at my terminal at the airport when the tour was over, so I could just focus on having fun without worrying about transportation. My tour guide was Kathy and she was fabulous! She took lots of photos for me and modified some of the trip based on my interests. For example, I mentioned that I was interested in tea, so she took me to a traditional Chinese tea ceremony in the old town. I cannot say enough positive things about this tour company! If I ever return to Shanghai, I will definitely be reaching out to SAT and trying some of their other tours.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

We had booked 2 days for Shanghai (the old and the new), plus one daytrip to Hangzhou. Felicia, our host, was just perfect! She spoke excellently English, is always on time, was very knowledgeable, and was passing on her knowledge in exactly the right amount without overloading us :-)! Above all, she is a very charming tour guide, great sense of humor, and brought us to places as well as restaurants we would not have found without her. Her recommendations for dinner and evening entertainment were also just great.

When we come back to Shanghai, we would always book her again!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We arrived by cruise ship in Shanghai and I had booked a shore excursion with SAT to Suzhou gardens and Tongli water village. Our excellent guide was Martin and he spoke very good English and was very knowledgeable. We drove 1-1/2 hours from Shanghai to Suzhou without passing through any countryside at all. Arriving in Suzhou, we were very surprised to learn that it has a population of around 10 million. We visited the Suzhou Museum and saw beautiful ancient porcelain vases, jade and wooden carvings, etc. It was very interesting. We then drove to the "Lingering Garden" which used to be a very large family home and garden a long, long time ago. It was very beautiful and very peaceful. We then visited an old Buddhist Monastery at Pan Man where we saw a 7 level Pagoda and another stunning garden. Then it was on to Tongli, a water town that is over 1,000 years old where people still live in ancient houses. We boarded a wooden boat and gently made our way around one of the canals in a circle. It was a very peaceful and picturesque experience. I would thoroughly recommend this tour, SAT China Day Tours, and our excellent guide, Martin.