US$145
  • Room Service
US$97
US$80
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

US$130
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$163/night.

US$185
US$112
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

US$124
US$105
US$150
US$129
2,644 results
All reviewshilton shanghaithe executive loungeatrium cafetypical hiltonhilton propertyjing'an templethe penthousediamond memberfrench concessiontop flooran upgradefitness centerbusiness tripbreakfast buffetmetro stationcorner roomlocation is excellent
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Nothing to point out for improvement. Great service, friendly staff, breakfast as well as lunch buffet was delicious. Spacy rooms, comfortable bed. Conference room on the top floor also amazing. Hope to come back.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Shanghai and for taking the time to share your staying experience with TripAdvisor.

We are glad that you have enjoyed the services and the facilities provided. These positive comments are appreciated as it allows us to know that we are moving in the right direction.

Let me assured you that Hilton's standards are high as ever at Hilton Shanghai and it is my hope that you will come visit us again. Please do contact myself when you plan to visit Shanghai next so I may handle your reservation personally. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Shanghai.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

As a HHonors Diamond member I usually choose to stay at Hilton properties. I have to say this is one of the most poorly managed Hilton hotels I've stayed at. Here are a few things that were not up to the Hilton standard:

1. There was no welcome email before checkin or welcome letter for diamond members upon checkin. Other Hilton properties all do this and the letter explains clearly what are the onsite privileges for diamond members, such as when the afternoon tea or happy hours are at the executive lounge. I had to ask the front desk person when checking in for my benefits.
2. There was no welcome fruit in the room.
3. The hotel is very dated, and the rooms are tiny. The so called "upgrade" to the corner room was a joke - the corner room is smaller than regular rooms with a weird shape.
4. The staff seriously need to learn some manners - this was the most disappointing part of this stay:
- I asked the two ladies working at the pastry shop in the lobby where is the restaurant. They were chatting, and kept chatting without saying a word to me and simply used a finger to point to the restaurant. It was rude.
- The Magic button (service hotline) on the phone is no magic at all. Several times no one picked up a phone after it rang for more than 10 times.
- I asked the person who answered the Magic line, as a diamond member whether I can do a late check out. I was trying to explain I have a late flight so would appreciate if I can check out a bit late, and the person interrupted me before I finished and said coldly "Latest checkout is at 2pm". It was simply so rude that I felt quite upset.
5. The executive lounge is short staffed during offpeak hours. I went there for a coffee, and no one asked me if I need anything, until I had to go and ask the manager at the lounge entrance. It felt like I had to beg for a coffee and I was taking advantage of the lounge or something.
6. Breakfast food is one of the poorest I had at Hilton hotels - it is very hard to find anything that is remotely tasty, and the selection is very poor too.
7. House keeping did not replenish the tea bags I used.

Well, even though the location is not bad, I am pretty sure I won't stay at this hotel again. After all in Shanghai there are so many hotels eager to offer their service to their loyal customers.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time in providing us with a review of your stay experience.

We regret to note that you have not enjoyed the experience of staying with us during your stay.

Your comments have been shared amongst the departments involved and rest assured, we expect immediate improvements to be made accordingly. we would like to request for an opportunity for you to stay with us again to enjoy a comfortable stay experience.
could you please leave your contact details to us that we can organize the nice stay for you next time?

Please contact myself if I could be of any assistance in making this arrangement for you.

Reviewed 7 November 2015

This is my default hotel when visiting Shanghai. The rooms are smart and comfortable with a comfortable armchair, good sized desk, bathrobe and slippers. The bed is very comfortable too. The atrium restaurant is generally very good, but can get expensive if you eat a la carte rather than the buffet, and drinks too can add to the bill. The hotel is also convenient for the metro and a taxi can quickly and easily take you to the bund and elsewhere. The penthouse bar has a great view of the city, but £10+ for a gin and tonic which appeared to be a little light on the gin struck me as expensive. The cost of Internet access is quite simply unacceptably expensive in this day and age for what is now an essential. I must have stayed in a dozen or more hotels in China, the UK and around Europe in the past two months and this is the only hotel to make a charge, let alone such a high one. So wake up Hilton, I don't expect to pay extra to turn on the light or the TV - or the Internet.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2015

Dear Valued Guest

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai.

Regarding to your comments about the internet fee, May I have your personal email please? We will try our best to communicate with our supplier, and update the information to you by e-mail.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Shanghai.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

Good hotel in a great position with easy access to the French Concession. Very helpful staff and nice rooms. The deli and the restaurant served nice coffee and food. The breakfast buffet was quite good. The business centre staff were very helpful with good computers and printing service.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 November 2015

Love this hotel. The service is great, good location. The bed and linen are super, much better than some other hotels we stayed at. The staff is courteous, friendly. You definitely can't go wrong choosing this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Young L
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2015

Dear Valued Guest

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai.

I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with our food, services and you have enjoyed your stay with us. Rest assured your positive comments have been shared with my team. We greatly appreciate your comments and we will continue to encourage feedback from all our guests as this is a very important tool for us which will not only help us to continuously improve our services and facilities but also aid us rectify areas we failed in.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Shanghai.