Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai
US$85
US$171
US$133
1,289 results
All reviewsbusiness tripbreakfast buffetroom servicelobby loungechinese restaurantluxury hotelconcierge staffexcellent staygreat roomf bhotel roomindoor poolexcellent hotelcentral locationgrand hyattrooms are largenanjing road
Reviewed 29 February 2012

The Four Seasons Hotel in Shanghai is an excellent place to stay. I found the hotel staff to be polite and very attentive. The room was clean, and room service was very good being timely and professional. The hotel location is great, and if you like Starbucks, there is one located nearly right across the street. Also, there are several quality restaurants within a short distance from the hotel. I had a very nice and comfortable stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed staying with us. Shanghai is a destination full of mystery and adventure. Our concierge team is always available to create tailor-made experiences to bring to life this amazing city. We look forward to welcoming your back to China soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

The most helpful staff I have experienced anywhere. From check-in, concierge, health club and restaurants, they were all excellent. The rooms are well appointed and the location just off the op of Nanjing Road is convenient if you have shopping on the list. The only blotch for me was he price of the buffet breakfast which I thought was over he top.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Great hotel, good location, would love to be back...
Four seasons will never disappoint ...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback . We are delighted that you have a nice experience at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai. We look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai very soon!

Reviewed 2 February 2012

very clean, friendly staff and very good location.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed staying with us. We are honored to be part your trip. Sincerely look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

I arrived on a warm December day. The lobby was surprisingly warm, smoky and humid which I didn't appreciate. I'm just not used to having to smell cigarettes any more living in the US. I'd just come from the US and stopped in to the Chinese restaurant off the lobby. It was tasty with impeccable service and few customers but the air was the same. I headed off to Beijing the next day but then returned for several more days of business. Fortunately the weather took a turn colder and the lobby was much more comfortable for the rest of my stay. I had breakfast in the lobby restaurant every day. Service was pretty good although refills on coffee could have been prompter. Food was plentiful and varied. The room was very attractive and unlike my other Chinese hotels it was at ground level and I enjoyed watching the street life as I ate breakfast. Location seemed decent and it was easy enough to get taxis. I did walk around the neighborhood several times and there is a nice mix of old and new China. The bedroom and bathroom were nicely appointed with the typical amenities you would expect from this level hotel. I did find that some of the public areas like the hallways outside my room were showing a bit of wear and tear. Not a lot but some. I didn't end up using the spa or gym. I had trouble VPNing into work for some reason. I haven't had that issue elsewhere. I did have internet access so not sure if it related somehow to hotel network or not. I've stayed at a couple other 5 star hotels on other visits and would visit them again before returning to this one especially with the lobby smoke although I'll still try Four Seasons elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank bktw
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Dear bktw, thank you for your valuable comments. We naturally are concerned to read your feedback relating to restaurant air environment and service, and apologize for any inconveniences caused. We really appreciate your suggestion on smoking issue. It has got the management attention with action plan implementation. We will also convery your precious feedback to the manager of Cafe Studio. Please come back and see our improvement. Should you have any other questions and concerns, please contact us directly through pr.shg@fourseasons.com