US$97
US$80
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

US$144
US$129
  • Room Service
US$111
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$130
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

US$159
US$105
US$150
US$128
  • Pool
All reviewschoose this hotellobby barminutes walkingthe hotel staffbreakfast was excellentbusiness tripfitness centerhongqiao airportspacious roomconvenient locationnon smokingconciergetaxichinainnsmetrobund
Reviewed 1 January 2016

I stayed in this hotel for two nights in Dec. 2015. I am Spire member of IHG. The stay is booked with points. Earlier I read some review mentioning the great service and amenities for elite customers booking the stay with points. But my experience is very average with this one.

The lobby is old and needs some update. The area where the front desk greets the guest has a very low ceiling that is depressing (like many old holiday inn).

Upon check-in, I was told I was upgraded to an exec floor. But there is no exec lounge access or free breakfast (I heard from some earlier review that these were normally provided to Spire members). No complain about it since they are following the IHG standard rules and did not do above and beyond. Just a bit disappointed.

Then the room in "exec" floor is actually very small. (room 1817)The bathroom is also small like a motel. Bath towels were in the small shower room too. The decoration is tired. Initially the Internet speed is unusable. After calling the help line, the issue was resolved very quickly by the hotel IT by binding my device to high speed tier. This service is good.

I stayed in another holiday inn in QiBao area and this created a big contrast. That hotel is by all means a solid four-star hotel, which also provide me lounge access and free breakfast. This one, I can say, only in 3-star standard. As IHG did not throw in many perks as Marriott for elite members, it is hard to keep me to stay with them as my main hotel chain.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.Your comments has been documented and will certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.If any other question, please contact us your via holidayinn.vista@ihg.com.Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed 3 December 2015

My wife and I stayed there for a couple days after our week long shopping trip before heading off to see family and friends in Xiamen, our experience was over the top from the moment we arrived. We required an early check in as well as a late check out and all this was taken care of by their Guest Relations Manager Eva Li who went above and beyond for us during our stay at the hotel. Our experience with all the staff was very easy as they were very eager to assist in any way possible to make our stay more enjoyable. Enough of the staff on duty at any one time were able to communicate in English but wasn't really all that necessary since my wife is Chinese. The hotel also offered money exchange that was on par or even a little better than we found at the airport and other money changers. There is a ATM in the lobby that works on the Plus and Cirrus system so you can access your money from home if needed. The hotel is rated a 4 star but it gives you 5 star service with affordable rates and great staff, we will be back.

We had a suite on the 18th floor with a good view of the surrounding area although it was fairly cloudy the days we stayed. Our room was clean and well appointed with a flat screen in the sitting area and another in our bedroom with a good selection of channels and movies in English, not always possible once you get outside Shanghai. The lobby is big and bright with a small lounge in which they serve afternoon tea with sweets daily, very tasty and a good value.

Hotel has a pool and gym as well, unfortunately we didn't have the time to take advantage of those this trip. Also in the hotel is a massage service which is operated independent of the hotel, would highly recommend a foot massage after a long day of shopping or night of partying it really feels great. The breakfast at the hotel is awesome with a good variety of western items along with the standard Asian fare, we never left hungry and it was a great way to start the day.

Western cities could take a lesson from our Asian cousins as the Metro in Shanghai is clean, efficient and cheap which makes it an excellent way to get around and explore what Shanghai has to offer. Although it is not right downtown you are only a 5 minute walk to lines 7 and 13 on the Metro which can get you down to the main shopping district in about 5 minutes. There are a number of restaurants and KTV's in the area as well some shopping, but night life and shopping are better along Nanjing Road downtown.

If you find yourself in Shanghai and are looking for a good hotel at reasonable rates I would strongly suggest the Holiday Inn Vista, I know we will be back again on our next visit back.

Room Tip: The higher up you go the better the view, and less street noise but not an issue with this hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2015

Dear Guest,
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve. Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

Unfortunately the rooms here were tired and unclean, the bathroom especially had mood and dirty grouting between tiles.

Location was good and near to subway. Breakfast is a good selection and good standard, but the take away was very poor.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista. Feedback like yours is very valuable to us and enables us to monitor our standards, which on this occasion regretfully has failed to meet your expectations. We will put focus on solving your concern accordingly. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you! Sincerely!

Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

The rooms were pretty good, nothing to write home about, but overall very pleasant. The hotel itself was huge, and whilst I can't speak for the majority of the extra facilities, the restaurant was fabulous, and the stuff were great and very helpful.
The live piano music in the lobby was a nice touch.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve. Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed 17 November 2015

From the moment I arrived I fell in love with the place. Courteous and professional staff, a welcoming and well designed lobby. The room is spacious and comfortable, all the amenities you expect, and a good view to match. The location is great, close to so much. Breakfast is probably one of the best I've ever had.
The only thing I would like to see would be a little bar fridge or similar in the room, somewhere to keep water and other drinks cold, however I got by without it.
I would stay quickly stay here again anytime.
I did leave a power cord behind for my tablet, so if you're staying in room 1403, and you see it, please let me know :-)

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015