1,102 results
All reviewsrooftop barlondon cabroom faced the riveroversized bathhuangpu riverrooms overlookround bathrooms are amazingnice river viewcity skylinespa treatmentsroom facilitiesacross the riverworld class hotelstate of the arta short taxi ridestar hotel
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

When I booked Banyan Tree Shanghai, I expected to get a nice room, at a typical city size. When I arrived, my jaw dropped at the size of the suite, the incredible view, and the crowning jewel: the pool! What other city-hotel offers a private dipping pool in the room? The view from the pool is the skyline and it is the quintessential Shanghai view. If you google shanghai skyline, it’s like all the pictures were taken from my suite. The service was very personalized. Staff that I hadn’t even met, greeted me by name. The rooftop was lovely and fun. They offer great tiered canapés. Breakfast had all the comforts of a 5star European hotel plus local delicacies. Tried out the spa and was right on par with the incredible massage I’d gotten at another Banyan Tree Resort. I’m sure it’s good for business people, but as someone there for a leisurely exploration of he destination, this was the perfect place to come back to after a long day in a vibrant city. Can’t wait to go back some day.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
BTCNSO, Marketing Communications Manager at Banyan Tree Shanghai On The Bund, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear mikepfoley, thank you for sharing your review on your stay with us. We are delight to see that our colleagues created a memorable experience for you throughout your stay. Your kind words have been shared with our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

- clean room& confy bad
- gorgeous view from the room
- helpful staff but the restaurant staff cannot speak good english
- hard to find taxy but the hotel was helpful
- expensive breakfast but tasty

Shanghai as a city was OK the hotel was outstanding so it saved our visit in the city!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ViragK12

Dear Virag K, thank you for sharing your review on your stay with us. We are delight to see that our colleagues created a memorable experience for you throughout your stay. Your kind words have been shared with our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic location and view of the Bund Towers. All staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms were extremely clean and relaxing! The spa was incredible. The breakfast brunch was delicious with plenty of choice. The service was great. The best hotel I have ever stayed at. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
1  Thank lauramichellelle2018

Dear lauramichellelle2018, thank you for sharing your review on your stay with us. We are delight to see that our colleagues created a memorable experience for you throughout your stay. Your kind words have been shared with our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

A couple of weeks ago I wanted to take a small break during Chinese New Year, and I had asked in a couple of family groups for recommendations of where to go. The name Banyan Tree Shanghai came up many times, and it intrigued me. Living in a crazy fast and busy metropolis has made me grateful for a lot of things, but also has made me wonder frequently what are new ways to unplug from all the noise and business, and simply relax with my family.

When we walked into the hotel, we knew it was gonna be a great stay. Although the check-in counter was pretty busy (people checking-in and out during CNY is quite common), we were greeted with courtesy, and the front desk staff facilitated our check-in while we just sat in those large sofas. Few minutes later we were up in the 12th floor. We booked a 4 nights stay in a panoramic view retreat room.

Gorgeous views. It reminded me of what a fantastic city Shanghai is. I stared out of the window for hours on end, enjoying the quietness of the boats over the river, enjoying super fun moments with my wife and baby in the family bathtub, and sleeping like I haven't done it in a while thanks to the bedding (and those pillows!). The bathroom amenities were pretty neat, and their rain shower is relaxing. There is even a TV embedded in the giant mirror next to the bathtub!

The hotel itself is very quiet – and it feels like you're in some far away retreat without the urban noise and buildings. The breakfast/dining restaurant in the Lobby is quite nice (I believe is called Oceans?) and the Chinese restaurant on the 2nd floor (Ming Yuan) was great. My wife is Chinese and she is an excellent cook. She was delighted by the food and the plating of the local dishes we ordered. To this day I'm not sure I've had a brown braised pork like the one I had there. I won't go into details but if you're in SH, I urge you to try it.

This is one of the the nicest hotel experiences I've had in all my time in China. The GM and Vice-GM (Glen and Barclay) are very nice people, and incredibly thoughtful of the guest experience. I'm a designer myself, and I can't help but look at things with an angle that is more human centered and considerate of the form and function of a place. The role of hospitality is often misunderstood, and in a place like China, where often the dimensions tend to attempt to convey meaning of luxury, I've never really been wowed by a hotel experience. That might have just changed last week. Staying in this place, where luxury seemed to come from small and refined details, and the overall attention we received, resonated a lot strongly with me.

Don't come to the Banyan Tree SH expecting marble luxury, giant walls, opulent chandeliers, or shiny gold door handles in your room. You won't find that. Come here if you're looking for cozy spaces, wood details and accents, beautifully designed lighting, and elegant doors. The beauty of this place is all over, both indoors, and in the view it gives you.

And once again, I urge you to try that Brown Braised Pork (红烧肉) at Ming Yuan restaurant. It's gonna blow your mind.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Mauricio E, really appreciated for sharing your review on your stay with us. We are delight to see that our colleagues created a memorable experience for you throughout your stay. Your kind words have been shared with our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

veryGood hotel very good location
Welcome to come and visit
Very prefessional serve .
Great for couole and business and events and tavelpass.
SpecialThanks toPETER andSunny they are very welcome andCan ask for uUpgra room

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
BTCNSO, 公关经理 at Banyan Tree Shanghai On The Bund, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear xiaoaokk, thank you for staying with Banyan Tree Shanghai on the Bund and for taking your valuable time to share your experience with us.We are delighted to know that you have a enjoyable stay, from the nice view from the hotel to helpful staffs. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.