All reviews nanjing road late at night min walk metro station internet
Reviewed 16 October 2016

This is not call a hotel. Decoration in the room out of date, dirty looks and scarry because of old stuff. Staff is not friendly, no English speaking only 3 person. Lobby has no light, no rest room, entrance rolling door is not working, no concierge. I will not come back for this hotel Horrible again, even it is close to Nanjing Road. Not recommend for foreigner tourist.

Room Tip: not recommend at all
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Do not be cheated by the photos uploaded, the hotel is in a badly stage when I last saw it. Horrible, dishonest staff who double charge me. Luckily I booked through agoda, in the Long process waiting and waiting. Agoda refunded me, this salvo hotel did nothing. They are cheats! Multiple emails from me and agoda, their response was refunded done. But when I checked with bank, of course that was not the case. Dear Travellers pls do not even consider salvo hotel, this hotel is certainly one of the worst in Shanghai. If you wanted to go to Nanjing bu xing jie, cheng huang miao, there are better hotels.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Fannie W
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I was there about 10 times in last 3 years. It has a very good situation 5 minutes walk from East Nanjin Road. Near the metro station direct from the airport. Large rooms. Nice breakfast room in the 31st floor. Enough good breakfast. Chinese service. Not too professional. Cheap room prices.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2016

We chose this hotel mainly because of its location. The weather was cooler than normal and the hotel was very cold...except for the dining room which was extremely hot. The front desk staff wore coats. They seemed to spend most of their time on their cellphones, English was very limited. Our room was very large and had a separate sleeping area. Beds were comfortable. The furniture and carpeting were very worn. The bathroom had been updated.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2016

I have stayed in Salvo hotel in Dec 2015 on a business trip, I've purchased tthe room through Agoda.com, fully paid via Agoda. However the hotel reception charged me again on the amount that I've paid to Agoda with my credit card meant for refundable down payment, only realised it when the credit card statement was sent to me end of the month. I have e-mailed them my credit card statement as well as the recipt from Agoda.com, assured me will be credited back into my credit card on the following month, I have re-emailed them in Jan and Feb today is March 2016, no one bother to update me or follow up even though I have set few emails to them.

Be very careful with their carelessness. Hope someone from Salvo hotel email me or call me when seeing this.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business