US$147
  • Breakfast included
US$131
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

Free cancellation until 29/07
US$78
US$91
US$80
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 May 2016

This was my third stay here. Quite frankly, the service quality and hardware have both slipped.

The hotel still offers the best price in a prime area in Shanghai, but that's about the only plus (if you stay in the garden building).

One incident illustrated the poor experience this time: when I requested for an ironing board, the housekeeping manager kept telling me that it's in the closet, while I stared at an empty closet. When she finally delivered it, she proceeded to enter the room without asking for permission to check on the closet. We could not believe her audacity and the lack of trust.

Oh, and there were something crawling in our beds. Both my colleague and I were left with bug bites all over our arms and legs.

The WIFI was so slow that we couldn't get anything done. Actually, that's our biggest gripe against the hotel. How cheap can you be to not even upgrade WIFI speed?

The next day, we cancelled the rest of the stay and moved to an international brand, promising ourselves never to save on hotel with Yan'an again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2015

Having recently started a company, I am highly budget conscious when I am traveling. Unfortunately, Shanghai offers less and less budget options. But for the rate, Yan'An was perfect. Almost.

The room was quiet, and the view of the garden was surprisingly quaint. Our room was more than adequate and comfy. The hotel is walking distance from the bars, restaurants, and parks.

The only issue I encountered was with the service. The cleaning lady woke me up at 8 in the morning. After I told her not to disturb on a Saturday morning, an hour later, she woke me up again along with a repair crew. Not sure where the miscommunication happened...

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Dionysus38
Reviewed 16 June 2015

For to go to Wenzhou city must stay one night in Shanghai, so selected this hotel
because is in city center and very closed to Jing An Temple, Metro station is in front of hotel, closed to park.If travellers interest to have some sports during Shanghai visit,
better to select this hotel. Breakfast is too Chinese with very few western type.Price is not low in compare of other 4 start hotels because of location.
DJ disco is next building of hotel.

Hotel has Zero star rooms in separate old building with view of park with almost half
price of main building without breakfast.

Room Tip: Upper rooms with view of park is better.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Hamid A
Reviewed 9 October 2014

Experiencing the east building!
The room has the inconvenience of three steps from bedroom and bathroom that results very dangerous during night without lights .
The rest of the room was very satisfactory .
Wide window facing a small pagoda was very pleasant.
Comfortable bed and overall services are sufficient standards .
I did not practice the " too Chinese " breakfast.
Very Good location for public transports and a nice windows shopping walk.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2014

You get what you pay for - this room is very small - both by square foot and vertically - I had to duck to get into the bathroom and also to enter into the room. The bed was even harder than the typical Chinese bed. Only saving grace was the location - close to metro and close to theatre

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple