“A delightful meal and delightful experience”

Felix's Fish Camp Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Felix's Fish Camp Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Spanish Fort
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Three of us went to the bar for lunch, as we love to get the feel of an establishment by speaking to the bartender or locals of a new restaurant. We loved the food and our bartender was very efficient, very charismatic, and made our lunch an especially happy time. Simone was charming, and I wish we could have heard her sing for us, as she is an aspiring singer and extremely charismatic. I'm sure it would have been an even more special time.

Danielle L, Public Relations Manager at Felix's Fish Camp Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It was our pleasure to have served you, Happy Thanksgiving.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,800)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I travel frequently to the Mobile area, and after driving by Felix's a few times we decided to try dinner. The banner outside claimed it was voted 'Best of...' the last 2 years. I ordered the catch of the day, grilled yellow tail snapper, and the crab soup. My wife ordered the lightly breaded shrimp. Both Entrees were described as lightly seasoned.
First, my house salad was drowning in the Italian dressing. I sent it back and the next one was slightly better. It was primarily iceberg lettuce with some artichoke hearts and was okay, certainly not really tasty or memorable in a favorable way. That would also be the description of the crab soup; adequate, but lacking flavor, overly creamy and bland, with lots of meat but nothing that had the taste, look or texture of real crab. The 'grilled' snapper had no grill marks, was brick red in color with all of the seasoning, and was not the taste or texture I would associate with a fresh catch. It was just OK, I can honestly say I get better fish at Cracker Barrel. My wife's fried shrimp seemed fresh, although not 'lightly' breaded and also doused in Cajun seasoning not mentioned on the menu. It was better than the fish, but also disappointing. The mac and cheese, cheese, cheese lives up to it's name, with arterie clogging levels of cheese but not any more flavor than a less cheesy version you might encounter elsewhere. The collard greens, on the other hand were excellent, with a light smoky flavor that complemented the natural taste of the greens. The microbrew beers were also very good. We saw several nice looking plates of oysters on the half shell coming out of the kitchen, but having eaten oysters at lunch did not try them. They were pricey though, averaging $15 for a half dozen. To say we were disappointed would be an understatement, but there are several other restaurants along that same waterfront stretch to try!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Crab soup was really good! Sit in the bar area during lunch, it has a nice view and less crowded. I had the white fish and shrimp over grits which was good but not great. Didn't try the recommended Almond top cooked, next table over did and it looked really good, probably missed out on something great.

Thank you for choosing Felix's Fish Camp on Mobile Bay, it was our pleasure to have served you. The whitefish Almondine with a rich buttery topping of almonds over a pan sauteed whitefish that has been lightly dusted in seasoned flour is divine, we look forward to serving you again at Felix's Fish Camp. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Pure awesomeness. Eric our waiter nailed all the recommendations spot on, and we did asked him a lot.
We had 4 course meal and everything (apart from one oyster dish, Rockefeller which was only mediocre) was excellent.
We had crab soup, hook line and sinker, catch of the day (red snapper) and bbq shrimps.

Happy Holidays to you, thank you for selecting Felix's Fish Camp, it was our pleasure to have served you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I wanted to go to a nice place for supper and Felix’s was fantastic. The oysters were great. We had the trio so we could sample some of each. We also had the mini soup trio to taste a little of the turtle soup gumbo and crab bisque. They were all divine. Great service and a wonderful view.

We are thrilled that you chose Felix's Fish Camp to enjoy your night out--the Hook Line and Sinker is a great choice to sample our delicious baked oysters and the One-One-One) demi-tasse is perfect to sample the three soups. We look forward to seeing you again soon--Happy Holidays.