“BEDBUGS!!!!!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tuscaloosa
GuestLodge Hotel & Suites
Ranked #35 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My family checked in at 10:00pm by 11:30 we were awakened by BEDBUGS! We went to the front desk and could not find anyone for twenty minutes after repeat calling of the desk phone and pounding on the glass. We caught two of the bugs showed them to the desk attendant who was awakened by our pounds and he gave us our money back for the room after disposing of the bugs however after repeat calling I have gotten no help for the over 20 bites each on my son and boyfriend!!!!! Worst service ever!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank happy1987

Reviewed 10 January 2008

I stayed in this dump one night on my way to Chattanooga, Tn. from Austin, Texas. It was the most disgusting place I've every stayed. I don't think the room had been cleaned (not just from the previous guest) for who knows how long. It was 11:00pm and I was tired or I would have demanded my money back and left. However, I tried not to touch anything more than necessary, slept with my socks on so I didn't
have to touch the carpet or floors in case I had to get up in the night. I think I'm going to see if I can't get the health department to inspect that place.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank L0neStarTraveler
Reviewed 6 November 2007

We stayed here the weekend of the Bama/LSU game. I should have known that the hotel was a dive, because when my husband called he was able to get a room.....everybody knows that it is impossible to get a room in Tuscaloosa during the BAMA football season. Anyway, our room key had room 130 written on it in permanent marker, but we were told to not pay attention to that and that we were to go to room 141. Room 141 had a stained carpet and a stained sofa pushed up against the wall where a bed should have been. I know this because the head board was still attached to the wall. The phone and TV didn't work and the front of the dresser drawer fell off when I opened it.

My husband went to the front desk to get another room, unfortunately, I don't remember the room number, because by this time it was midnight and we were exhausted...our flight from Philly was delayed. We moved our stuff to the other room and it wasn't much better. The room had a stained sofa, dirty toilet with a chipped toilet seat, a very anatomically correct drawing of a naked woman on the bathroom wall next to the shower and a terrible smell...my husband went out to buy Febreeze.

We slept here because we didn't have much of a choice. The next morning we left and took all of our stuff with us because my husband was afraid it wouldn't be there when we got back. After the game, as we were walking back to our rental car my husband called around and was able to get a room in Bessemer at the Fairfield Inn. He said there was no way he would go back to the Guest Lodge, he was afraid of the possibility of bed bugs.

This room was NOT worth the $99 per night rate. Do not go here, you would be better off sleeping in your car!

Stayed: November 2007
3  Thank NewJerseyBamamama
Reviewed 24 April 2007

This place is horrendous!! From the outside looking like a dump to 100 year old furniture. The room had an aweful odor, the chairs in the room had stuffing coming out of them. The rack to hang your clothes on was coming out of the wall. The lamp shades had rust spots on them and the light fixtures didn't work. The restroom was TERRIBLE!!!!!! There was hair on the toilet and sink. The top over the tank didn't fit. The shower had a molded liner but no shower curtain!! The water dripped continually and the fixtures were rusty from the settling water. This place looked like something you only see in a movie. These people should be put OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!! The County Health Department needs to look at this place and see if it's even legal to have such an establishment. This place was atrocious, no exceptions!!!!! There should be nothing that allows this place to be in business, AT ALL!!!! When I spoke with Brandon before I arrived on Friday evening he stated they were remodeling and their rooms were clean and that was FAR from the truth!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank usandwe
A TripAdvisor Member
Tuscaloosa, Al
Reviewed 12 May 2006

Do not go to Guest Lodge you do not get a good room for your money. It may be clean to the owners but really it was not to my satisfaction. I would not even want my pets to sleep in the room. I opened the door and turned right aroung to get a refund. Please do not waste your time or money going here. if you want quality you do better going to Motel 6 or
Best Value Inn the rooms are chaper than 60.00 a night and cleaner.

• Stayed: May 2006