“Terrible”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tuscaloosa
GuestLodge Hotel & Suites
Ranked #35 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa, Al
Reviewed 12 May 2006

Do not go to Guest Lodge you do not get a good room for your money. It may be clean to the owners but really it was not to my satisfaction. I would not even want my pets to sleep in the room. I opened the door and turned right aroung to get a refund. Please do not waste your time or money going here. if you want quality you do better going to Motel 6 or
Best Value Inn the rooms are chaper than 60.00 a night and cleaner.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for GuestLodge Hotel & Suites

alabama
Reviewed 17 August 2005

We have been staying at the Guest Lodge Hotel and Suites in Tuscaloosa, AL., for about two months, because of my husband's job. There is no manager on site. The pool is full of green water and leaves. All of the vending and ice machines are broken. The phone workes sometimes. They use gasoline for weed killer. There are no fire extingushers. The fire alarms beep in the rooms.(Ours doesn't work). The continential breakfast: loaves of bread and mini donuts are left out uncovered and what is not eaten is put out the next day. The airconditioner drains back into the room keeping the floor wet. When the room up stairs is occupied the water from their shower pours down the inside of the wall. We do not have roaches because we bug bomb our room. I also clean our room. On the week-ends people beat on all the doors until they find the room they are looking for. At first glance this looks like a nice Hotel, it's what you don't see until you stay awhile.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 July 2005

I stay in aproximately 50 hotels a year. This is the worst hotel in which I have ever spent an evening. There was a black substance splatterred all over the walls. The carpet was soaking wet. The smoke detector was inoperative and hanging from the clothing rack. The desk clerk attempted to charge us more than the advertised rate. The coffee pot was dirty and had a used filter in the basket. There was no remote for the television. The refrigerator was full of frost. The linens were stained. The non dairy creamer was a solid lump in the package. There was hair in the tub. The pool was so filthy we could not see the bottom. Continental breakfast was toast and stale donuts.

The motel is in the budget category, so I did not expect deluxe accommodations. I did expect sanitary and safe. I left a note for the manager asking for a response and have yet to receive one, so I will be contacting the Health Department and Fire Inspector after the weekend. I suggest any others with similar experiences do the same.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 April 2005

This state of this hotel was absolutely deplorable in Nov. of 2004. We were attending a Univ. of Alabama game and had made reservations for the entire weekend. The toilet was broken when we arrived, and all lights were burned out except one. The first time my child used the bathroom, he came out holding the toilet paper and holder in his hand. It came in and out of the wall, revealing a huge, rotten space behind it.

Roaches literally crawled in and out of drawers, and the coffee pot was full of mold. If we could have found alternative accomodations, we would have done so.

Extremely disgusting. I'm surprised they're allowed to remain open.

• Stayed: November 2004