“Okay, Not Great”

Best Western University Inn
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 31 January 2017

This is an older place that could use some work. The front office is small, the staff are not very helpful (ie: our remote for the TV did not work, they gave us another one which also did not work - we think the batteries were dead - the woman said oh well, we can't do anything about it.) The room itself has all the basics, but again it is nothing exceptional. It was somewhat noisy, which was a surprise not being anywhere near the University craziness. Weird entrance and exit to the place, although it is convenient to most things, For the price, I'd go someplace else.

Room Tip: traffic noise is a problem. I would ask for a room not facing the roads.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 1 February 2017

Dear Eileen S,

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 205-556-9690.

Tracy Smith Luker
BEST WESTERN University Inn

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Great place to stay, Great staff and affordable. Breakfast was great Good and hot food. Coffee and juice were good Breakfast area was keep clean and organized. Staff welcomed you in and wished you a great day when you left.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Called the motel the day before our visit and was greeted on phone by Tracy, the manager. She assured us a room would be available the following night - just call her a bit before we arrived. Followed up on her suggestion and things were super smooth. We travel with a small dog. The motel has "pet rooms". Could only get room w/2 Dbl beds - not sure if Kings are available in pet rooms. Sort of a turn-off but that's business - I get it. The room was good - furniture shows wear but overall - clean, OK.
Great parking. Doors open to outside (some may not - don't know). Very close to I-20 so you get a bit of noise. Eateries are all around. Breakfast was the normal fare and was well presented. Coffee was great!
Price was a bit more than I expected but I had the choice to go somewhere else and didn't ...so no complaint there. Overall - GOOD!

Room Tip: King beds may be available in "pet rooms" but none were when I checked in. Pet room faced...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2017

I first stayed here in November 2016 after fleeing an awful experience at different hotel. Stayed here again Jan, 12, 2017. It is pet friendly (I was traveling with a dog) and I feel safe here. The rooms are clean. The drain in my room tub (153) was very sluggish and needed work. Most of all the staff has been very welcoming each visit. Some noise in the morning as I tried to sleep til 7 am, and my fellow travelers were banging around at 5 am. I use a white noise machine so that helped.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2016

Very poor quality. People checked out. I would call for assistance and get no help. The television went out and did not come back on for a week. I was contacted to stay, so I continued the duration of my stay unwillingly.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business