US$126
US$116
Hampton.com
US$139
Courtyard
Hotel La Rosa de America(Alajuela)
US$64
US$30
  • Breakfast included
US$59
US$106
Vida Tropical B and B(Alajuela)(Great Value!)
US$41
All reviewsclose to the airportcosta ricamission tripfree wifi is availablesan josefamily run hotelfamily owned and operatedlast nightchose hotelnext morningbag breakfastrecommend hotelsjo airportplenty of hot waterlovely groundsthe rooms were niceneeded a place to stay
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Shuttle from airport was quick and efficient (and an excellent introduction to Costa Rican driving). The staff were friendly and helpful. They even managed to produce two excellent late meals of local fare right at restaurant closing time. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. After a hot local breakfast, the shuttle driver took us to the rental car agency near the airport for the continuation of our journey. I would definitely stay at this family run property again.

2  Thank ckizer
Reviewed 2 February 2012

This hotel had everything I needed and more. Initially I was looking for a nearby airport hotel, had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express before and was unsatisfied. The driver, Joshua, picked me up from the airport in under 5 minutes. When I arrived, the treatment was very personalized and unassuming. The hospitality was like no other place I've stayed at in Costa Rica, and I've traveled there four times. The grounds were immaculately kept for a resort-like setting. Towards the end of my trip, I decided to stay there an extra few days and the family/staff were helpful in every way. I learned that this hotel has been family-run for over 10 years, and it showed in their professionalism, helpfulness, and how well-connected they are with local merchants, tour operators, and authorities. I sincerely recommend them very highly.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Hotel Robledal was our choice for a first night on this trip to Costa Rica. Our arrival was late night and the shuttle was quite prompt in picking us up and transporting us to the hotel. The room was quite adequate and the beds comfortable. The entire property was emasculate and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful. As this was just a quick over-night we didn't really have much chance to really experience the property but for the short time we were there I was impressed and would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

My wife and I thought we would try this place instead of going to another chain hotel. Wow, what a great experience. Driving to the hotel I was a bit concerned. It was my first time in Costa Rica and I did not know what to expect with the bars and stray dogs, but as soon as our driver drove through the gate it was like an oasis.

The rooms were clean, the dining room was completely open and surrounded by a very manicured garden. We were excited to learn about the country and our waiter was so nice we friended him on Facebook.

We only stayed one night and had to leave early the next day. Our driver was ready and waiting to take us to our next stop on our trip. Fantastic.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Our group of ten birders from our local Audubon Society in Kentucky stayed here for our first night in Costa Rica. Emanuel welcomed us warmly (even though we were nine hours late!) and made sure we were comfortable. After a beautiful traditional breakfast, he spontaneously took us on a birding tour of the property! We only wish our schedule had permitted us to stay longer.