“Disappointing”

Restaurante La Tipica
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stopped here on our way the La Fortuna Waterfall for lunch. We were sourly disappointed with the food here. I ordered a steak cosada and my boyfriend got the nachos. We also ordered some patacones. The only good thing about this meal was the patacones and its very hard to mess up a fried plantain. The nachos were made with cheap nacho cheese sauce and the meat in my cosada was tough and not tasty. It was also on the pricier side for a soda. I would not recommend stopping here to eat.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Great gallo pinto and eggs. Fresh squeezed juice. Filling and inexpensive! You know its good when its where the locals eat. Had a good dinner there as well.

1  Thank Shirtless
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

This soda serves authentic Costa Rican food. The casados (typical mid day meal of rice, beans, fried plantain, meat and salad) were very well priced at 3000 col for a good amount of food.
Rustic setting, picnic tables to sit at and well attended by the locals. Nothing fancy but a great stop for those trying to save a few dollars on meals.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Some of the best traditional Costa Rican food around. I would highly recommend the casado and guava juice

Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

I ordered a cheese quesadilla from this restaurant and it took a while to make. After I waited I got the cheese quesadilla which had no cheese at all. It was just two tortillas. Not a restaurant I will be going back to anytime soon.