“Rustic budget eatery”
Review of Soda la tipica

Soda la tipica
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed 21 January 2017

We stopped here for lunch based on our guide Andres' recommendation and were not disappointed.
Basic decor but with nice patches of green,clean toilets. Our selection had generous portions freshly prepared at low prices.
Languorous service but friendly

Reviewed 30 October 2016

We had lunch here, and really enjoyed it. The fresh fruit drinks were amazing - don't miss those!
My wife had rice with chicken, and I got the chicken casado. Both were very good, and were generous portions. The grill they have out front to cook the food on is a nice touch, and what caught our attention to stop.
Credit cards were accepted.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

This restaurant looks promising: it has the typical old style Costa Rican construction and is decorated nicely with green areas.

The food however was of very poor quality: stale tortillas, greasy meats, and tasteless drinks.

The staff was kind and attentive but their food quality needs to improve especially if they advertise old-style traditional cooking methods.

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stopped here on our way the La Fortuna Waterfall for lunch. We were sourly disappointed with the food here. I ordered a steak cosada and my boyfriend got the nachos. We also ordered some patacones. The only good thing about this meal was the patacones and its very hard to mess up a fried plantain. The nachos were made with cheap nacho cheese sauce and the meat in my cosada was tough and not tasty. It was also on the pricier side for a soda. I would not recommend stopping here to eat.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Great gallo pinto and eggs. Fresh squeezed juice. Filling and inexpensive! You know its good when its where the locals eat. Had a good dinner there as well.

1  Thank Shirtless