Arenal Bungalows(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$49
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$168
US$95
  • Free Breakfast
ApartHotel Tierra del Fuego(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$39
Arenal Country Inn(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$79
US$77
Arenal Container Hostel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$27
Arenal Hostel Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$51
US$47
Arenal Backpackers Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$41
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$274
US$248
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$563
US$525
Relais & Châteaux
Allamanda Rooms(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel a few days ago and I have to say that it was not bad, I had a good sleep even though is right next to the street, maybe i was tired.
The room was ok, there was a cable tv, the bed was confi and the bathroom was very clean. I paid 20 bucks, maybe because I'm a local.
I would stay again if I'd had to.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Esteban M
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The Chillout backpackers "hostel" IS NOT A HOSTEL! A hostel usually has a functioning usable kitchen, a common area, dorms, etc. None of which are an attribute of the Chillout. This is more of a motel at best. Street noise is very loud and last night one of the workers were getting drunk with his buddies and being loud until after midnight in the so called kitchen, which was pretty bare and had an overturned table in it. Then this morning, when we woke up to get our breakfast out of the refrigerator, the kitchen door was locked because apparently someone was sleeping in there. Not only was I upset that I couldn't get my food out but, I needed it to take a medication (strep is going around in Costa Rica at the moment). Also, last night in the shower, I touched the electrically heated shower head and got a strong shock from it! Didn't hurt terribly bad but made me pretty nervous to be in there. Then after, I smelled burning plastic for a couple minutes and it shorted/burned out and I was left rinsing soap and shampoo off with really cold water. As for wifi, they "borrow" the signal from a nearby hotel. We are spending an extra $2.50 a person tonight for our next hostel.

Pros: Cheap accommodation, nice bed and pillows, cable TV with some English channels, our own bathroom, decent location.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin P
Volcanolakeadventure, Manager at Chill Out Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Hi everyone! We have MOVED and are around the corner 100 meters from the bus stop! We have asked TripAdvisor to change the location but as many of you know that can take some time. Please see our new location which is around the corner and we'll take great care of you like we did when we managed the location across from then Just Good Food!

Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Easy to get to from the bus stop and close to ATMs, park, shops, supermarkets, restaurants etc.
You can book trips and onward shuttle buses, lots of info.
Staff nice, wifi patchy but generally good
I stayed in a 4 bedded dorm which was tiny, one of the most cramped rooms I've seen. But the beds were comfy and the pillow was good which is the important thing :)
Clean toilets, hot showers.
Kitchen ok, not enough room for stuff. Lil tv area good
The free breakfast advertised on various booking sites, leaflets and on their window actually costs $3

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed 17 February 2013

The rooms are well equipped, even with a tv but our first room was very clammy and in the bathroom there were fungis on the wall and it smelled very strangly.
The kitchen was very disorderly and there was not enough space to put your things to andeven no table for eating.
The stuff is very friendly.
One thing we missed was a community area to hang around and relax.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claudia S

Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

Loved this place! Lots of tours available through this hostel at a great price, (including a pretty cool free tour to a rope swing over a waterfall!), plus all the information and help you could possibly want. The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating, and worked in coordination with a restaurant across the street - Just Good Food - which was delicious and convenient. Private double room was cheap, and clean and the use of a communal kitchen was great!

• Stayed: January 2013