Arenal Bungalows(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$81
Arenal Glamping Hostel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$25
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$175
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Container Hostel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$27
Arenal Country Inn(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$74
US$72
ApartHotel Tierra del Fuego(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$46
Arenal Backpackers Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$45
Allamanda Rooms(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$20
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$270
US$229
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$199
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Chill Out looks a bit like faded glory. The rooms could use some new paint. The bathroom was okay, but smells moldy. The toilet didn't work right. The kitchen looks old and I wouldn't cook there. The sheets on the bed were torn and the pillows smell sweaty. The lady at the front desk only speaks Spanish. There is cable tv and wifi. It's close to the busstation and the shops are close.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lieke86
Reviewed 10 February 2014

At Chill Out Backpackers, the host was incredibly kind and very easy to work with. We paid $10 per person and breakfast was included. The rooms were very clean and the so were the bathrooms. It was a great atmosphere to chill out and lay in a hammock. It is close to the city center. There was a kitchen, wifi, cable tv and the bed's were comfortable!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel a few days ago and I have to say that it was not bad, I had a good sleep even though is right next to the street, maybe i was tired.
The room was ok, there was a cable tv, the bed was confi and the bathroom was very clean. I paid 20 bucks, maybe because I'm a local.
I would stay again if I'd had to.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Esteban M
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The Chillout backpackers "hostel" IS NOT A HOSTEL! A hostel usually has a functioning usable kitchen, a common area, dorms, etc. None of which are an attribute of the Chillout. This is more of a motel at best. Street noise is very loud and last night one of the workers were getting drunk with his buddies and being loud until after midnight in the so called kitchen, which was pretty bare and had an overturned table in it. Then this morning, when we woke up to get our breakfast out of the refrigerator, the kitchen door was locked because apparently someone was sleeping in there. Not only was I upset that I couldn't get my food out but, I needed it to take a medication (strep is going around in Costa Rica at the moment). Also, last night in the shower, I touched the electrically heated shower head and got a strong shock from it! Didn't hurt terribly bad but made me pretty nervous to be in there. Then after, I smelled burning plastic for a couple minutes and it shorted/burned out and I was left rinsing soap and shampoo off with really cold water. As for wifi, they "borrow" the signal from a nearby hotel. We are spending an extra $2.50 a person tonight for our next hostel.

Pros: Cheap accommodation, nice bed and pillows, cable TV with some English channels, our own bathroom, decent location.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin P
Volcanolakeadventure, Manager at Chill Out Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Hi everyone! We have MOVED and are around the corner 100 meters from the bus stop! We have asked TripAdvisor to change the location but as many of you know that can take some time. Please see our new location which is around the corner and we'll take great care of you like we did when we managed the location across from then Just Good Food!

Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Easy to get to from the bus stop and close to ATMs, park, shops, supermarkets, restaurants etc.
You can book trips and onward shuttle buses, lots of info.
Staff nice, wifi patchy but generally good
I stayed in a 4 bedded dorm which was tiny, one of the most cramped rooms I've seen. But the beds were comfy and the pillow was good which is the important thing :)
Clean toilets, hot showers.
Kitchen ok, not enough room for stuff. Lil tv area good
The free breakfast advertised on various booking sites, leaflets and on their window actually costs $3

• Stayed: February 2013