Arenal Bungalows(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$81
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$175
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Container Hostel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$27
Arenal Country Inn(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$74
US$72
ApartHotel Tierra del Fuego(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$46
Arenal Backpackers Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$45
Allamanda Rooms(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$20
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$199
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$271
US$229
1,068 results
All reviewsque ricoarenal volcanocosta ricapool and hot tubdeluxe roomkitchen areahot springson site restaurantbeautiful viewcomplimentary breakfastloved this hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfulmini fridgecab rideshort drivecoffee makertown of la fortuna
Reviewed 27 February 2013

This was my 2nd stay at the Inn, my first visit was the middle of 2012. Admittedly, initially, I didn't have a clue as to what to expect. On my first visit I accompanied my youngest daughter to determine the suitability of the inn for her upcoming wedding, Feb 2013. Honestly, the planning of the wedding included so many details and coordination, especially because my daughter lives in New York. On our first visit for planning, literally, from the time my daughter and I arrived at the Inn until we departed, 3 days later, the co-owners Hernan and Cesar were super attentive and open to my daughter's every request and concepts for her wedding..., although I, the mother of bride, began to feel a bit overwhelmed by all of the logistical aspects of the conversation between Hernan, Cesar and my daughter in their planning for her wedding, both of the owners continued to show enthusiasm and attention to my daughter's every plan or suggestion for her wedding, which continued for hours at a time. Hernan assumed the role of the Inn's coordinator for the wedding. Throughout the planning meetings, it was commonplace for Hernan to contribute a tremendous number of great ideas for the many aspects of the wedding. Honestly, I believe he enjoyed every moment of the planning, probably because he is excellent at conceptualizing and implementing as well as demonstrating excellent taste for aesthetics. After my daughter and I returned to the states for the next 6 months, my daughter corresponded with Hernan through a minimum of 200 emails, no less; after all the wedding was to include approximately 70 guest who would travel from the US to Costa Rica...With that said, in addition to the overwhelming number of details necessary for the wedding specifics there were travel arrangements to be made for the many wedding guest as well as lodging at the Inn. No worries, Hernan and his staff covered every single detail imaginable...no detail was left undone...Fast forward to the 2nd trip to the Inn for the wedding week. My daughter's wedding party, family and guest rented the entire Inn for 6 days. Speaking as the mother of the bride, the entire stay, from the begin to the last day of our stay at the Inn proved to be like a stay in "paradise." The staff was super accommodating, the grounds of the Inn are maintained in excellent, condition, with lovely flowers blooming every where along with stunning landscaping....on an environmental note, the Inn stress recycling and conservation of energy too. Unquestionably super pride in ownership is reflected throughout the Inn. The food was so delicious. In that regard, I looked forward to the tasty complimentary breakfast each morning which more than satisfied my taste for Costa Rican food. Every room has a magnificent view of the volcano which is pretty spectacular. Each of the rooms allow for privacy because they are arranged as cottages...super quaint ...I love the rooms so relaxing. Hernan is definitely a "hands-on-owner" he is right there to answer one's every question, suggestion, desire or need. He demonstrates superb customer service, I should know because, frankly I am a stickler for excellent customer service. The day of the wedding rehearsal, Hernan and his staff were there to ensure that his staff was clear on their role for the wedding down to the most minute detail. The day of the wedding Hernan assisted by helping with coordination of the wedding logistics which helped to make every thing go as planned. Let me say that Hernan's character and nature is one of humbleness, respect, consideration, accommodation, peaceful and caring, he is so authentic...I can't say enough about his contribution toward making my daughter and son-in law's wedding a "dream" wedding. His staff supported him with every detail necessary. All 70 of the guests were in total "awe" of their stay at the Inn and the exceptional out come of the wedding. Without a doubt my daughter is an outstanding planner and coordinator but she could not have done it without the tremendous support of Hernan and Cesar along with their wonderfully capable staff. My oldest daughter, who also attended the wedding, is already discussing plans for a reunion trip for all of the wedding guest which include staying at the Arenal Volcano Inn to re-live the awesome bliss we experience during our stay. Enough said, it was an "Awesome 6 Days of Bliss."

Room Tip: Every room has an excellent view of the volcano...rooms are cottage style quaint, super comfy with beautiful landscaping surrounding each room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank amaria2013
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My friend had a destination wedding at Volcano Inn and it was just so beautiful. I truly appreciate the staff and their professionalism. The staff was so welcoming and helped us along the way at every moment of the trip.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed at Arenal with my boyfriend for a wedding and it was beautiful. They are in proximity to all attractions and the staff are incredibly convenient and helpful. The hotel was gorgeous and peaceful. I overall loved my stay and the wedding was lovely.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Last week was my third stay in Arenal Volcano Inn, and every experience has been the same: PERFECTION. Last Sunday I had my wedding at this hotel and I have absolutely NO complaints. I'd been working with the owner of the hotel for about a year and a half planning for the wedding. It's to be expected that I was a little nervous and wanted everything to be perfect. Upon arrival at the hotel my fears were immediately put to rest by Hernan (The owner of the hotel). Him and his staff work with professionalism and accuracy and make sure all guests are completely satisfied. The weekend, the wedding ceremony and the reception went beyond my (extremely high) expectations. All of my guests continue to talk about about how nice the hotel is, how lovely the staff is and about the immense beauty of the surrounding area. There is a direct view of the volcano, the landscaping is immaculate and the rooms are very nice and clean. This hotel is good for those who are frequent travelers and those who do not travel often, the staff makes everyone feel comfortable. Another positive attribute of the hotel is the restaurant, everything on the menu is very tasty and fresh. I cannot say enough about how wonderful all of my experiences have been at Arenal Volcano Inn. This past weekend topped it off with excellence and perfection. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to all travelers going to Arenal, Costa Rica.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Feb.2013 This was the 2nd time we stayed at this hotel which faces Arenal Volcano. The location, landscaping and views are marvelous, but the rooms need a facelift. The television is very old (who needs it anyway when you are in paradise), the snacks available in our minibar had expired 6 months earlier and looked crumpled, and the room in general just looked sad compared to our visit in 2009. The restaurant is now run separately from the hotel, although breakfast is included in the room rate. We had a pizza there one evening which was delicious.

Room Tip: Get as far up the hill as possible because the views of Arenal are better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Avimanager, Owner at Arenal Volcano Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Thank you very much for your review and recommendations. We have taken your comments very seriously, especially when you mentioned that it was your second time with us. We have already started a major facelift in our deluxe rooms, all TVs are now brand new LCD Flat Screen and many more positive changes are being done. Hope to have you visiting us again in the future so you may experience the improvements. Once again, Thank you very much,