“NOT Pet friendly”

and 1 more site!
Hotel La Siesta
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Liberia
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Searching on the internet for a pet-friendly hotel in Liberia Hotel La Siesta came up several times.

I called and made a reservation for my wife and I plus our little dog and the reservation was taken, when we showed up we were told that they do not take pets. It must have been a communication error over the phone.

The staff was very nice and sorry about the misleading information on the internet.

We were here for a business meeting so could not drive the 2 hours back home to drop off our dog, fortunately, we did find the ONLY pet-friendly hotel in Liberia, Hotel del Aserradero and it was at a better price point.

Hotel La Siesta looked like a nice place. Maybe, one day we will return.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I was traveling solo and wanted a decent place to stay two nights before flying out of Liberia. The hotel itself I didn't have any complaints about, it was clean, a/c worked, shower was clean/working, and I stayed right near the pool which was nice. Upon arrival there was a hidden $10.40 fee, still not sure what it was for, as no one speaks any English there. I right away asked about tours (as they advertise they can help plan) and they had no clue how to help me or where to even direct me. The restaurant didn't look open when I was there. Asked for recommendations for food, to no avail. They just pointed me towards Central Park area. Not overly helpful but felt safe and the place was clean.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank LauraVarrette
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed at La Siesta for one night as I was flying out of the country very early morning.

While the staff does not speak much Spanish, they were very pleasant and helpful with organizing my check in, and arranging for an airport taxi to arrive early in the morning.

The room was spotless, and the bed comfortable. While I did not use it, it was handy to have a safe in the room. The AC and fan were also perks on a hot night.

The pool was smaller than pictured, however the water temperature was great and it was nice to have the option to relax in cool water during the day.

La Siesta is nestled on a quieter street away from the main chaos, however the central plaza was only a 5 minute walk away.

If looking for a place to eat, I recommend "Los Comales" - about a 7 minute walk from the hotel.

I will stay here again if I find myself on CR sooner rather than later :)

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank torieel
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Very Nice and clean hotel. Aircon and wifi working. Breakfast with both fruit and hot mixed plate. Small pool with sun in the afternoon. Good value for money in Liberia.
Reception just includes the minimal support so no excess service.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Spotless room, mix of pleasing indigenous and Greek decors, ample breakfast, everything working and accommodating staff stand out in memory. Others point out its 5 minutes walk to central town location, marginally adequate parking, and perhaps no one speaking English. All true. I add, excellent WIFI only outside the room. Perfect for transitional stay in an authentic community.

Room Tip: Ground level best rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank RobCope
Travellers also viewed these Liberia hotels
1.8 km away
0.8 km away
Best Western El Sitio Hotel & Casino
0.4 km away
Boyeros Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hotel La Siesta? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel La Siesta

Address: 4 Avenidas 4 Y 6 | Farmacia Lux 250 Mts. Sur, Liberia 50101, Costa Rica
Region: Costa Rica > Province of Guanacaste > Liberia
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Liberia
Price Range: RM 176 - RM 360 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
The Hotel La Siesta is located only 20 minutes to the principal beaches of Guanacaste, and only 40 minutes to the principal national parks, especially to Rincon de la Vieja. We have contact with the most principal tour operator. Our rooms have an air conditioning, hot water, private bathroom, swimming pool and restaurant. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel La Siesta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.