“Loved it!!”
Review of Coco Sushi Express - CLOSED

Coco Sushi Express
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Description: Playas del Coco's best asian food! Enjoy sushi, chopsuey, yakamichi rice and all of your other asian favorites...
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We got a large order to go and it was incredible. The owners were extremely friendly and the food was great!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Wow, what a nice place to have dinner with the family. No body can beat the quality of their sushi in Playas del Coco. If you're a golfer, talk to Dave.
You will enjoy this place, guaranteed!

1  Thank tuaniscr
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I live in Playas Del Coco and have been to this restaurant MANY times. We never used to have a really good asian restaurant in Playas Del Coco before Coco Sushi came to town. All of the dishes are quite good and extremely tasty. What I especially like is that Perla (the chef) can spice the dishes to your taste. I like spicy dishes with lots of flavor and Perla has made amazing sauces with rich and spicy flavors. You have to visit when in Playas Del Coco!!!

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Who would expect such fantastic Asian food in Costa Rica?! It was our son's turn to pick dinner and he wanted sushi. I remembered seeing CSE while in Coco the day before so we decided to give it a try. Am I glad we did! Service was outstanding and the food even better. We started with perfectly fried wontons. I had orange chicken with fried rice and it may be the best I've ever had. No lie. The boys had sushi (Coco rolls and rainbow rolls) and my picky son was very impressed! We finished with some fresh, homemade mango sorbet that was the perfect ending to our meal. All the while we engaged in conversation with the owner, David. A charming man with some very interesting golf tales! We had a fantastic night.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We stopped in on a whim and a craving for Asian food.... SO very glad that we did! The chef is Filipino. She and her husband, Dave, own the restaurant. Dave was there and we had a very nice conversation with him! The food was very fresh, very delicious. We had the spring rolls (like egg rolls in the U.S.), a sushi roll, a rice noodle dish and the Japanese rice dish with everything in it. It was all amazing!! Will definitely go back when in the area next time!!