“Good for a drink with the locals”
Review of Beach Bums - CLOSED

Beach Bums
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I can't say anything about the restaurant/food part of this establishment as we did not eat here. We got a cab from Playa Panama to go to Playa Coco. We walked down to the beach area and stopped in here for a few drinks. It seemed there were a lot of locals there with families, eating and watching sports on the TV's. It seems a fun atmosphere. They would ring the captains' bell whenever they received a tip. A few rings for a tip...a lot of ringing for a good size tip. My husband gave a substantial tip...a lot of ringing and the bar maid poured us a round of their local drink (see photo). We had a good time there.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

This bar has gone under. It was always a dump! It has a new name now. The washrooms were discussing.....food was not very good either!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I decided to pop in and have a juice prior to leaving the area a start my trip back to flamingo. Although the bar said there was wifi the waitress confirmed there wasn't any although she was on her mobile device.

To add insult to the service industry she poured my juice from from a half drank beverage that was sitting there waiting to be washed. She simply poured it over a glass of ice. I pointed her error in judgement out and asked for bottle water (unopened) She rolled her eyes at her friend sitting at the bar. I suggested she take a drink from the glass and she immediately threw it out. She then went back to pigging out on her nachos she was grazing on at the bar. These folks are what is wrong with some in the service industry.

Absolutely disgusting ! I shall be reporting this place to tourism Costa Rica ASAP.

1  Thank AndrewNeary
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We went here based on a recommendation from a friend who lives in Coco and the food was fan-freakin-tastic! We split four different dishes so we could taste a bit of everything and we had a shrimp skewer (great), calamari (super yum), onion rings (yum) and chicken wings (spicy & delish). I can't believe, when I got onto Trip Advisor just now, that there are a bunch of bad reviews? We were there for lunch so no music, just great food and a beautiful view...just perfect. The waitress was super nice an some locals came in for food and a couple sat at the bar. For just about everything for 2,500 ($5) on the menu, we were very happy with it! We're definitely going back to try more and different dishes!
FYI the sign by the road says BEACH BURMS (obviously nobody double checked it-funny)

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Food is terrible, beer is skunky....need I say more? We stopped there for a bite to eat and have a cold beer. Very disappointing. Hope you never have to use the washrooms!

2  Thank scooter007