Hotel Belvedere - Playa Samara(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$50
Lodge Las Ranas(Playa Samara)
US$95
US$246
US$89
Hotel Flying Crocodile(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$52
  • Pool
Hotel Samara Pacific Lodge(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$63
Hotel Giada(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$58
Villas Kalimba(Playa Samara)
US$99
US$85
US$59
US$95
Travelocity
All reviewsdon t mindon arrivalpura vidaa nice place to staysuper marketgrocery storefranbeachhammockstours
Reviewed 25 August 2014

When we first arrived to Matilori, we were only 4 people in the hostel. The night after, the hostel was full with around 15 people. The problem is that we are 15 people for only 1 shower and two toilets. I found it very disaccommodating since I paid an extra fee to have a private room when all of the sudden I found 15 people using the only shower right next to my room. Needless to say, after a few people, the shower was disgusting and lacked hot water. The problem is that the hostel accepts too many people for its few accommodations and the lack of space.

The owner wasn't too helpful nor understanding since I asked to use the washing machine twice. First time the owner said that I will be able to use when there isn't a lot of people (the first day we were 4 and she refused) and the next day she told me that I can't since it's not for the clients.

On the other hand, the hostel's kitchen is very clean and the hostel is very close to the beach. What I particularly liked is the fact that the hostel lets us use its olive oil, salt, spices, butter and a few eggs!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My friend and I Came to Matilori for a night or two and ended up staying a full week. It is exactly what we expect of a hostel: a cool place where one can relax and meet nice people. On top of that it is very well kept and super clean. But what made Matilori my fovorite hostel in CR are the owners. So sweet, allways ready to help, never tired of giving info about the area. They know how to make their guest part of a family. Thank you guys !!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank simeon_13
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Great place! Only a short walk to the beach, right close to all the action!! Very comfortable beds for a hostel and really clean place. Very welcoming owners, only negative is it would be nice if there was another bathroom!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Loved Samara, and the location and vibe of Matilori were excellent. Lydie and Franck were helpful and accommodating. The hostel is a block from the beach, and we could park on the quiet street right in front of the hostel. What a great little town for relaxing. The room was spacious and comfortable, the kitchen area nice, and the outdoor area perfect for reading, snacking, and hanging out. Great value. Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Best place we stayed in Costa Rica (and we stayed at several nice ones)
Solid construction, hot shower (not a given in CR), window mosquito nets (highly appreciated), friendly clean place and perfect helpful owners. Good local food just around the corner (soda Colochos).
Merçi Lydie and Franck from Iikka and Sara!

• Stayed: December 2013