Hostel Matilori
Montelaguna Boutique Hotel(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$104
Hotel Belvedere - Playa Samara(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$60
US$100
Hotel Flying Crocodile(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$64
  • Pool
Lodge Las Ranas(Playa Samara)
US$95
Hotel Samara Pacific Lodge(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

Villas Tangerine B&B(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$90
Hotel Samara Paraiso(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
US$115
Villas Kalimba(Playa Samara)
US$170
All reviewshome in costa ricaother guestsbed dormone nighton arrivalstay nightscentral locationplace to staypura vidasuper markethot showerclean roomswould definitely stay here againlaid backthe ownergrocery storein town
Reviewed 19 February 2015

Great experience at Matilori hostel. It's small so you get to know everyone which I think is very nice. The rooms are very clean and the management is really friendly and fun. I would recommend the hostel to anyone. We stayed a few days and came back because we had such a good time. Thanks guys, we had a great time.
Mayra and Eva

• Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed 27 January 2015 via mobile

We were staying there for two weeks and it was an awesome time! The management is super friendly, the rooms, the kitchen and the bathrooms are very clean. You can meet a lot of interesting people and have fun with them. Fren and Jenny are the perfect Hostel owners, helpful and super kind. You should go to the Matilori Hostel. Thanks for this very nice time!!!
Vincens und Selina

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2014

It was amazing very friendly helpful owners bright cheery colorful rooms quiet beautiful tile thru out laid back decks tables chairs and hammock close to beach ( I stayed in dorm one night but was alone max 4) private room 4 nights

• Stayed: December 2014
Reviewed 25 August 2014

When we first arrived to Matilori, we were only 4 people in the hostel. The night after, the hostel was full with around 15 people. The problem is that we are 15 people for only 1 shower and two toilets. I found it very disaccommodating since I paid an extra fee to have a private room when all of the sudden I found 15 people using the only shower right next to my room. Needless to say, after a few people, the shower was disgusting and lacked hot water. The problem is that the hostel accepts too many people for its few accommodations and the lack of space.

The owner wasn't too helpful nor understanding since I asked to use the washing machine twice. First time the owner said that I will be able to use when there isn't a lot of people (the first day we were 4 and she refused) and the next day she told me that I can't since it's not for the clients.

On the other hand, the hostel's kitchen is very clean and the hostel is very close to the beach. What I particularly liked is the fact that the hostel lets us use its olive oil, salt, spices, butter and a few eggs!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My friend and I Came to Matilori for a night or two and ended up staying a full week. It is exactly what we expect of a hostel: a cool place where one can relax and meet nice people. On top of that it is very well kept and super clean. But what made Matilori my fovorite hostel in CR are the owners. So sweet, allways ready to help, never tired of giving info about the area. They know how to make their guest part of a family. Thank you guys !!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends