2,816 results
All reviews beach side tour desk swim up bar family pool adult pool costa rica ocean view grassy area breakfast buffet lagoon pool waffle station in town the main hotel beachfront room beach vendors third floor beach resort
Reviewed 6 August 2018

A great location and very family friendly hotel. We stayed for 10 days and it wasn't enough! First, I highly recommend on splurging for a beachfront room. The hotel is split in two, one building is on the beach and the other is across the street. Definitely worth it to book beachfront if only for the amazing sunsets alone. Breakfast is included as well as free wifi. Breakfast buffet was okay but it did offer a wide variety such as an omelet station, traditional CR breakfast of gallo pinto (rice and beans) with some sort of meat, plantains, fresh fruit, mini pastries, cereal/granola, coffee and juice. Service staff was friendly, attentive, helpful and always happily encouraged us to practice our spanish and expand on our limited vocabulary. The hotel is in the heart of Tamarindo, super close to all the shops, restaurants, cafes, etc. and some of the closeby restaurants are owned/partnered with the hotel so you could charge your meal directly to your room. Convenient but to be honest, we found better restaurants outside of the hotel restaurant family.

The people we most connected with were the team from the Tour Desk. They were an invaluable and integral part of our stay at Tamarindo. They were extremely helpful in recommending to us certain adventures that best suited our kids (boys ages 11 & 13) and ones that could accommodate my limited capacity for extended hikes or overexertion. Even prior to our arrival, they were very prompt with email communication and always available via phone. Upon our arrival, they welcomed us warmly and never failed to ask us how we enjoyed our adventure when we returned at the end of each day. All their restaurant recommendations were spot on too! Must give a big shout our to the Tour Desk Team: Mera, Kimberly, Bryann and Martino! Thank you for making our family feel so much a part of yours and for making our vacation the most memorable yet. See you again soon my friends! Pura Vida!

Room Tip: definitely splurge for a beachfront room
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank cdion4
Reviewed 30 July 2018

The hotel is divided into the old hotel which is situated on the beach and the newer part across the road.The nicest pool is in the newest part (and it is vert nice) but we paid for a sea view room and in my view it was worth the supplement. The rooms are very spacious and recently refurbished. Effective aircon. Clean and a decent-sized balcony. I found the bed comfortable. The sea view was as good as it gets.
Breakfast was included and ok. I've had better. Many of the staff were great but they need to take a look at some of them who were very lazy. For example the coffee was left on the tables in the morning but if you were second it had often gone. Some of the staff pretend not to hear when you ask for more and one refused to get a milk jug and told me to get milk in a cup from the dispenser which spilled everywhere on pouring. They undermine the hotel and the staff who do work hard.
The hotel has nice, well-maintained grounds (with lizards and howler monkeys which was great) and as it owns nearby restaurants it's easy to charge meals to the room. I'm happy we picked the hotel but they need to look at staff training.
Just one final tip, no pun intended. I suspect that one of the cleaners was checking rooms for tips. Two of us left the room and there was a knock at the door. Cleaner at the door with no cart who looked very surprised to see someone in and scuttled off. So make sure your room cleaner gets the tip in person. It just didn't feel right.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SamW507
Reviewed 28 July 2018

If you are looking for a place to take a f@ily vacation, this is the perfec5 place to stay in Tamarindo. The hotel is centrally located in town and offers two areas to stay. Beachfront and an area across the street. We were lucky enough to stay in a beach front from and had a wonderful view of the amazing Costa Rica sunsets. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We booked all of our onsite and offsite excursions at the tour desk and everything rn smoothly. (Zip line, atv tour, fishing and surfing)

Thank you to everyone at the Diria that made our vacation one to remember.... Pura Vida!

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view, it’s worth it
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank maitai6067
Reviewed 25 July 2018

This hotel has some good things going for it: The location could not be more perfect. It is right in the heart of Tamarindo. It is situated on a nice stretch of mostly lava rock free beach (some areas of the beaches here have huge lava rock formations. All of the staff and servers were very friendly and helpful. This is perfectly in keeping with the local Ticans (what they call themselves). Free breakfast every morning. It's not the best food in town, but it's not bad and it's free. Here are the negative points. The hotel is split into 2 across the main strip. One side is on the beach (which speaks for itself), but the pool is just o.k.. The other side is very nice, has a great pool with a swim up bar but it's on the wrong side of the street. I think they should have a swim up bar in the pool facing the ocean. Probably my biggest complaint about the hotel is beds. The beds are super hard (at least to me). All night was spent turning from side to side, which was necessary to alleviate shoulder pain. I realize that some people like hard beds, but I would equate their beds to sleeping on a king sized cot.

Overall, I loved the place and I would definitely stay here again. The only thing I would do differently is I would pick up an egg crate to put over the mattress.

Stayed: July 2018
3  Thank Jeff A
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

This is a great hotel and location for a family visit. The hotel is quite large but it also has a small feel to it and you only see all the guests at breakfast. The family pool area was quiet and the pool is deep enough for swimming but safe enough to give little ones a bit of independence. Lots of trees and a shade make it comfortable by the pool. We are out in the neighbouring restaurants and being vegetarian we found there was plenty of choice. Would definitely come back here.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family