“Best Meal I've had in my life”
Review of Pangas Beach Club

Pangas Beach Club
Ranked #11 of 200 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Costa Rican, International, Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2017

My wife and I walked into Pangas with no reservations and they seated us at the bar. The view is absolutely beautiful and the food is amazing. I had the lava rock Ribeye where you cook the steak yourself on a lava rock at the table. The experience, atmosphere, and taste made this our favorite restaurant in Tamarindo.

1  Thank malunion76
Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Pangas came highly recommended by several people (other tourists, locals, and our travel agent), and it did not disappoint. The food, service, and atmosphere were all great! I highly recommend the ceviche and the lobster risotto.

While the food is excellent and the drinks are great and often unique, the atmosphere and setting are what really made this restaurant stand out. We were outside, listening to the waves, and watching the sun go down. There were howler monkeys in the trees, crabs walking up from the beach, and a perfect breeze.

I would recommend making a reservation, and the restaurant is great in terms of accommodations, as we were seated outside and assured we had a table inside in case it rained. Pangas is a must see in Tamarindo and a great experience.

1  Thank Rob C
Reviewed 16 July 2017

The steak cooked on a table side lava rock is highly over-rated. Plus, no wine selection at all when they offer "fine dining". Would not recommend this as a "must try" dining experience.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate two of our better meals of the month at Pangas. First, Pangas is as nice as any " beach" restaurant in the world. The location , decor, and attentive service are world class. The ambiance of the restaurant is more like something you would find at a world class resort in Tahiti or Hawaii- simply style and class.

And the food- wow! I had the smoked salmon lasagna the first night. Sounded interesting, but the taste was incredible. Lasagna made with salmon, hearts of palm and cream- who would ever put that combo together? But it was delicious, no, remarkable. The next trip, I followed the lasagna with the "fresh catch", simply grilled. Mahi mahi that was packed with flavor. My wife had the Tuna Tower, which she found to be fresh and very tasty. The second night, she followed with the Shrimp skewer and veggies. The shrimp were large and grilled to perfection.

Desert was also unique- Mango Crumble with fresh vanilla ice cream and a great Keylime mini- pie. Very, very good!!

Perhaps the most memorable part of the visit was the location and scenery. Right on the beach, modern chairs and tables, fire in the " bird bath", and a sunset that lasted 45+ minutes and changed from light pink to volcano orange all while the tide was rising! One of the nicest and memorable restaurants in a world of travel! Will return!

1  Thank B M
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Ate there for dinner. Excellent food great location and friendly staff. Its on the north end with just a bit of a walk.

1  Thank Steve14662