Words cannot describe how absolutely amazing Los Altos is. My husband and I stayed there for 3 nights (Jan. 17th-20th), at the tail-end of our 12 day honeymoon in Costa Rica. After 9 days of travelling it was definitely nice to have all of our laundry done for us! We were impressed right away. There are so many wonderful things about los altos- but I will try to keep this somewhat brief! The service there is top-notch. Each person that works there goes above and beyond to make sure you are happy. All of the staff are wonderful, gracious people. Fransisco was the main driver, and we enjoyed talking to him every night on our drive to and from town. On the day of our departure at 4am, he baked us croissants fresh at 330am before we left. We were very impressed! Calvin, the owner, came by everyday. We chatted with him quite a bit, and enjoyed learning about how Los Altos came to be. One of the managers (im sorry i can't remember her name), was pregnant and suffering from morning sickness (all day! poor thing!) and she was amazing! Even though she felt terrible she never once complained and was always asking if we needed anything. And then there is my favorite "person" we met at Los Altos. COCO!!! The chocolate brown lab that I absolutely loved. We even took him for the 5.5km walk one morning.
The food was fabulous. More than enough for every meal. You can stay for dinner at the resort if you want ($35 per person) or go into town. We went into town most nights, but on our last night they set up a romantic table for us by the end of the pool. It was amazing. Make sure you have one of the macadamia nut chocolate chip cookies. So good!
The pool, spa and grounds were gorgeous. The pool chairs were nice and cozy. The pool was a perfect temperature and there was even floaties provided. The spa offered 50% for guests, which was awesome! We had 90 min massages and I had a pedicure. Fabulous! The grounds were beautiful and the view of the pacific was breathtaking. It was so peaceful and relaxing at Los Altos.
We stayed in the queen room. I have read the reviews that say it is small. Yes it is a bit small, but we didn't care at all! It was still a beautiful room. We were barely in the room, except at night time. And the bathroom and shower were huge, which was nice.
One of the nice things about Los Altos is having breakfast and lunch with the other guests. It was so nice meeting people from all over the world. We met some wonderful people! Shout out to Jill who already wrote a glowing review last week!!! Also, Joel and Karen from New York! Was so great meeting you all!!!
Los Altos was simply amazing. We would love to go back. And we definitely recommend it to anyone!!! Thank-you to all the staff who made our honeymoon unforgettable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 5-Star Costa Rica boutique hotel & spa resting on a 27 acre estate atop a small mountain with stunning views to the Pacific Ocean. Within a 15 minute drive, (which we provide to you as a courtesy) you can surf, swim at two beaches, shop, take a canopy tour, go sport fishing, ride horses or ATV's, play golf, visit nearby towns, nightlife, restaurants. Day trips are available for whitewater tubing, rappelling down waterfalls, hot volcanic mud baths, and river experiences with crocodiles and with white faced monkeys in your boat! Rates Include: - Transportation to towns, beaches, shopping and all area attractions. - Full breakfast and delicious lunch every day. - Wash, dry, fold, iron laundry service. - Free Cuban cigars. - Exercise center, WiFi. - Concierge level service- 3 to 1 staff to guest ratio. - Coco the Chocolate Lab. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Los Altos de Eros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos De Eros Hotel Tamarindo
- Los Altos De Eros Tamarindo
- Los Altos De Eros Costa Rica/Tamarindo