“Amazing food and service”
Review of Il Cavallino

Il Cavallino
Reviewed 18 November 2016

This restaurant was within walking distance of our hotel so we decided to give it a try instead of eating at the hotel. Needless to say, we ate there 3 out of 5 nights we were in Costa Rica. The atmosphere of the place was nice, and the food was amazing!!! I had the wood fired pizza, lasagna, and chicken parm. The chicken parm was some of the best I have ever had. The drinks were amazing. My wife loved the mango dac and their assortment of gins is second to none. To top it all off, the service staff was amazing. They were very nice and friendly, even being patient with our terrible Spanish. The entire staff was great, but Nelson was over the top! He recognized us in each subsequent visit and shook our hands and gave us a hug! I would recommend you visit this restaurant if you're in the area. Make sure to ask for Nelson!

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Little cynical going to an Italian restaurant in CR, my other choice without a car was the hotel:-) I have spent numerous summers in Italy as a young man with my aunt and uncle and have been back with my wife. I was surprised how close the cuisine was to what I remembered, nostalgic like the movie ratatouille. Excellent seafood, great pasta and authentic oven style Italia pizza (euro style). All that coupled with excellent service like I received from Nelson and the other staff made it an over the top experience. I have been three nights in a row now and it hasn't wavered in my opinion . Reasonable prices, excellent food and outstanding service... This thumbs up and a must try if are hostage to the hotel or just in the mood for Italian. Pura vida and safe travels.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Memorable service and food! Our kind server, Nelson, recommended the Planca de Mariscos. It was FANTASTIC! Mixed seafood and veggies cooked in white wine. OmG! Wood fires pizza was yummy, as was the chocolate mousse dessert, set aflame with Sambuca. Our server was so sweet-made our night extra special. We will be back. Maybe tomorrow :)

Reviewed 3 July 2016

We stay at the Marriott Hotel four or five times every year for the past seven years,
since we moved to Costa Rica. And of course there are plenty of restaurant choices
at the hotel but boy, were we excited this time when we discovered the brand new
strip shopping center right out on the main street just to the left of the entrance to
the hotel. So this time, when we had family members down here for a vacation, we
decided to try this new IL Cavallino Italian Restaurant, a short walk up the drive from
the Marriott. And are we ever glad we did. As soon as we sat down in the lovely
atmosphere inside, we were happy because Nelson, who took care of us all through
cocktails, wine and the dinner service, was just amazing! How fortunate this place
is to have such a friendly, and caring gentleman working for them. The dinner menu
is so extensive, that it is almost impossible to make any quick decisions as to which
appetizer or entree to choose, cause they also sound delicious. Now there were five
at our table that included, myself, my husband, our daughter-in-law and our two
Grandchildren, Aged 15 and 17 and everyone of us ordered a different Entree and
all of us were arguing that "ours" was the best - so what does that tell you??? We
just can't wait to go back and you can be certain we will be doing that as soon as
possible. Even when we are not at the Marriott, we live fairly close by in Santa Ana
so no big deal to pay for a ride that is only about 15 or 20 minutes away. We have
dined at many well-known Italian Restaurants even a longer trip away that cannot
not compare to this one in terms of taste, and certainly not in terms of service -Thanks to Nelson.

3  Thank Jinglegirl
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Been here multiple times and have not had a bad meal yet. Everything is fresh and delicious. If you're in the area, I highly recommend stopping by.

1  Thank skerrane