“Expensive but good food”
Review of Il Cavallino

Il Cavallino
Reviewed 2 April 2018

While this restaurant was expensive (we actually found most food seemed expensive throughout our trip to Costa Rica) the italian food was very tasty.

The pizzas were very large for one person and we all took a slice or two home in a doggy bag. Seafood pasta was huge. The focaccia bread was more like thin baked pita chips and were too dry (slightly overcooked?).

Gin drinks from the attached bar were very smooth and quite large = tasty!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I had a great meal and really enjoyed the atmosphere. Location is actually divided into three sections, Pura Brasa, Gin Bar and IL Cavallino. I sat on the Pura Brasa side, but the waitress brought both menus, and I am glad she did! She was so helpful and really took time to be sure I understood the menu (which was in Spanish) and had several recommendations. I had a 300-gm filet with shiitake mushroom sauce that was out of this world delicious. I will definitely be back again and highly recommended this establishment (especially if staying at the Marriott next door because you can just walk).

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

amazing itallian food out of Italy. My fav is the seafood spaghetti.
Must try and pizza are killer. Must visit

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We had dinner a few times here as it was very close to our hotel (easy walk from the Marriott), and the food was really good. All of the dishes we tried were very good, and some of the pizzas were excellent. The service was very good as well.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

I ate at the Cayala Guatemala Calllino. Food was mediocre. Service was mediocre. Aside from watching old F1 racing videos, and the cool F1 réplicas on walls, this place was not my favorite. They do have an F1 simulator, but that is not my kind of entertainment. If you were paying for a Ferrari, you would expect the ride of your life. So Cavallino needs to step it up if they want to put that brand on food.