“Very impressed”

Shang Hao Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$26
Description: Shang Hao is a restaurant that offers authentic chinese food, especially with a cantonese flavour, offering a wide variety of dishes, from different types of rice dishes, fish, beef, to some vegetarian options. We do everything with care and love, serving our customers with only the best. We also offer a comfortable space for anyone who wants to enjoy a meal.
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

First time here. Have eaten in the restaurants nearby for years, but never here. My family group of 7 and I came in for a late (3pm) lunch. The place was empty. We were welcomed and seated immediately and with a smile. Our appetizers were numerous, hot and perfectly prepared. Main courses were enough for 2 people. Service was excellent. We will all return to try more dishes soon. No certain why others had a bad experience. Ours was great.

TatianaNFg, Director Comercial at Shang Hao Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Hello Cobalt, we appreciate your comment! It was a pleasure to serve you and your family and we certainly hope we can be of service next time as well. If you and your family have to opportunity to visit us soon, we invite you to ask for any recommendations as well, as many people have not tried many traditional chinese dishes and, as our main chef has more than 30 years of experience in preparing authentic chinese food we hope you and your family can enjoy more of chinese cuisine.

Thanks again and we hope you and your family can visit us soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Spring rolls were not spring rolls but most likely fried, frozen egg rolls that were very hard and unpleasant

The main entrees were not much better, greasy, flavorless

And it was expensive on top of everything

Reviewed 21 January 2017

I've had some poor meals in my time but this was way up there... Or should I say down there.
In all honesty, a Chinese meal in Costa Rica would never be my first choice but I was spending a stop over night near the airport and the traditional restaurant I wanted to book was closed down so, it was this or pizza... It appears I made the wrong decision.
The spring rolls were made from stodgy heavy pastry containing some kind of processed chopped meat and cabbage, I'd no sooner started dissecting them when my main arrived! The waiter then explained it's what they do in China... Encroyable. I had ordered Kung Pau chicken, a speciality apparently... God it was awful.
Please, if you have ever had even a half way decent Chinese meal... Do yourself a favour and stay well clear. Horrendous!
Still, the tiny creepy crawlies on the table seemed to enjoy it.

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

I didn't expect much but I have to say the kung pao was awesome - fresh stir fry inside an awesome edible noodle bowl and with some great shrimp dumplings. Could have used more heat but they have some spicy oil on the table which kicked it up a few notches.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

i always try asian food in every country we travel to and this is one of the best,although expensive,like everything in Costa Rica ,this food was fresh and tasty.i had fried shrimp,which you can chose the size,i got Jumbo and they were HUGH!! worth the price

1  Thank carliss247