Cabinas Guarana is simply great. A chill, no hassle atmosphere, quiet setting a block from the beach and center of town, relatively inexpensive ($30 a night for a private room), clean, comfy, and a shower I wasn`t afraid to use. The staff is so friendly and they rent bicycles by the day so you can get to the nicer beaches a bit south of town more easily (really just getting around more easily, period). On top of the private room, each room has a patio area loaded with local fauna and I watched every type of creature come visit me from the hammock that was also part of it all. They have a central water filter to make the tap water drinkable, plus separate filters to make it taste good. WiFi is free and the signal was plenty for me to be able to watch movies as well as upload a few YouTube videos I made while I was there. I would (will) stay there again next time I`m in PV. **Oh, and it`s super close to the bus stop if you take the bus in from San Jose**
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Guarana is a small hotel full of colors and good energy. We have 12 rooms individually ,uniquely decorated. We are situated in one of the most quiet and central streets in Puerto Viejo, 200 m. only steps to beach and restaurants. The hotel is safe, private and set in a lush tropical garden of flowers and fauna. Services include; Wireless, Laundry, Safe in room, Parking, communal kitchen totally equipped. English, Spanish, French & Italian spoken. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Guarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guarana Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Hotel Guarana Costa Rica/Limon