“Awesome sushi, very cool vibes! ”

Shokunin Sushi & Art
Ranked #82 of 187 Restaurants in Jaco
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

What an absolutely pleasure it was to sit at Steven and his lovely wife's restaurant! Both are super friendly and gracious and the sushi was amazing. Try the Tico Roll!! Incredible! All the rolls I tried were made with such thought and consideration. Can't wait to stop in again. See you in a year Steven! ✌️

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Fantastic sushi made by talented owner!!
Great service - great food - great price
The restaurant Is located in Playa Hermosa and they offer eat in - pick up and delivery.
A MUST GO TO place for sure!!

1  Thank foodloverKim1
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We loved it!!! Veggie tempura roll is a must! Great food and very friendly service. Been there for dinner and then came back for lunch the next day. Will go there again. Sushi chef Steven is great. Thank you so much!

1  Thank Marina S
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

English follows :)
本当に美味しいお寿司でした!
何より、日本人の職人さんから学んだというエステバンさんのお寿司に対する情熱が最高の調味料。何度でも食べたい!
アメリカ風の大きなロールがとても綺麗にアレンジされてて、雰囲気も静かで暖かく、最高でした!海老天ぷらロールがオススメです!!!
ハコからは少し離れているけれど、ヘルモサビーチでサーフィンした後歩いていける距離。短期ステイの場合はここからボードも借りれますよ!
エステバンの愛のこもったお寿司と、最高の笑顔のボード屋さんの彼女アリアナのやっているテーブル一つの小さなお店、ぜひ寄ってみてください!(デリバリーもしてます!)

We found this place by chance, when we rented surfboard from the other side of the house.
Ariana, beauty from the board rental shop and Esteban the chef are both absolutely amazing people who just makes you wanna stay here forever.
He has passion in his cooking and art of sushi, and is just excited and happy to be able to share his passion with you. AND ITS DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!
I had Cameron (shrimp) tempura roll, and I swear it's better the most I've had in LA or NYC, the two cities in America I've lived in!!

I know it's a bit out of town, but for some of us who doesn't want the loud and obnoxious atmosphere of Jaco, this little hidden gem walking distance from Playa Hermosa is just the right place. Swing by to have this love-filled sushi from Esteban or come rent a board from the beautiful smiley Ariana at this location, or have the sushi delivered right to your hotel, but it was def worth the money :)

2  Thank Kyoko-Angel
Reviewed 24 December 2016

We stopped for pizza for the kids and I noticed a sushi sign and decided that sounded much better. I'm so glad I stopped in. The food was delicious and they even brought my food next door so I could hang with the family. My kids got into it too and now they want to go back. Andy and I had to sneak away today to have some all to ourselves. We spent some time talking with the chef. He was fun to talk with and very passionate about what he is doing. A lot of love goes into his food! We will be back!