All reviews ice machine pool area was very nice the black sand beach great hotel a nice place to stay san jose waves wifi surf sunset tours
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I stayed here for 24 hours. Pool has to be cleaned. Hotel needs to be updated in all the ways. My balcony door wont close. On my 14 days road trip trough central America this was the only hotel where i've got intestinal disorders and i had to take carbon medicine.
The building has cracks and the colour is falling down. This is because is located on the beach and the wave here are high. The beach and there is a sign: Swimming is forbidden!! Why should I book beach hotel with such a nonsense.
I would not recommend this hotel.

Room tip: I think 80 % of rooms has no or just side sea view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We had to spend a night next to Jaco and were happy to be able to find a suite at the Hotel Tramonto. We booked last room as the hotel was full. It is big but the dinner was good. A little bit noisy but it stoped at 10 pm. Globally nice. Perfect located on the beach.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Inexpensive, People friendly, not that clean, way out from Jaco town. Beach nice with big waves, not crowed.
Food at restaurant ok, service friendly. a little to far away from everything and could be better up keep.

1  Thank NcJames
Yamileth C, Propietario at Hotel Tramonto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hello NcJames, thanks a lot for your opinion and for staying with us, return soon!!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

If you are looking for a nice place to stay with your family, friends, etc... at a great price, excellent customer service and close to San Jose, I strongly recommend this hotel.
- Clean & Beautiful rooms
- Great Customer Service
- Good food
- In front of the beach
- Excellent pricing options

Room tip: We stayed at the basic room, and we are extremely happy.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Yamileth C, Propietario at Hotel Tramonto, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Thanks a lot Andres for your opinion, this helps us to improve each day, return soon!!

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Very nice place. Stayed for 6 days. Nice rooms, nice bathrooms. Really clean. Rooms services everyday. Ac,Wifi,cable tv.
Complementary Breakfast and coffee.

Very nice pool and bar, friendly staff on deck. Good surf out front on playa Hermosa. They offer a lot of activities in there brochures, we did water jumping and Atv riding and it was a awesome experience.

Can't give this place a 5 star because it was more like a nice hotel I'd stay in, back in the United Stated but not that Costa Rican vibe.

Besides that it was such a comfortable stay and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Date of stay: September 2017