“Great food always. Services are 5 star ”

La Luna Restaurant at Gaia Hotel & Reserve
Price range: US$2 - US$80
Cuisines: Costa Rican, International, Central American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Five Star Hotel Restaurant, La Luna offers a totally relaxed atmosphere, serving mostly Costa Rican gourmet cousine with some international alternatives, in general, with lower prices that other restaurants in the Manuel Antonio - Quepos Area and currently the only Restaurant with a Costa Rican Gourmet Menu. Happy hour offers an array of tapas from 4 to 6 pm offers and a magnificent view of the Ocean, the Mountains with a 360 degree view of the area.
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Outstanding food and the best service from at waiter Joxan figueroa .
I always look forward to a great meal when in Manuel Antonio and the top of my list is eating and relaxing at this grand place . I've being going to the Luna dining lounge every time I'm in the area and this time with out a doubt was a 10 out of 10 . The food was outstanding the service was what can I say puravida at its FINEST. Thank you Joxan and the staff for a great night .

Thomas F, Owner at La Luna Restaurant at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks Dave for your great comments. And thank you for your repeat business.

We always love seeing you here at La Luna Restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I went to this restaurant at the top of the Adults only Gaia resort on our last night in Manuel Antonio. We were picked up at the bottom in a golf cart and rode the steep windy way up to the elevator that took us up to this beautiful restaurant. Great art and sculpture all around with stunning views from the top at sunset. After sunset, it’s too dark to see the sea. We ordered the Mahi Mahi ceviche that was the best I’ve ever had. We then split the spicy shrimp fettuccine that was also the best pasta I’ve had. We had no room left for the fish in coconut curry sauce we ordered so we packed it to go and presented it to our concierge at Si Como No for her wonderful recommendation for our last dinner to top off an excellent trip to Manuel Antonio.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are truly happy we exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

La Luna restaurant is perfect if you want to get a great happy hour with a view ! Probably the best view on sunset and ocean that you can get, plus great cocktails at 25% discount. The cocktails are generous. You can also reserve a table for a good meal at reasonable price. Waiting staff really friendly.

Thomas F, Owner at La Luna Restaurant at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thanking our recent guest for their wonderful 5 star review.

Happy Hour leading to a wonderful dinner is a favorite among guests and locals alike.

Thank for sharing on this TripAdvisor forum.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We had heard only the best things about La Luna, so we made a reservation for the last night of our honeymoon. The location was stunning, as was the sunset, but dinner was really subpar. Our appetizer (plantain pie) was lukewarm. The calamari salad was bland. The side of fried plantains that came with my fish were very hard and cold and inedible. Everything was just...meh.
This was one of the worst meals we’ve had on this trip (even compared to very mid-range and budget-friendly places) and I’m sorry we spent over $100 here! My tip - go for happy hour/tapas/sunset, and skip the dinner.

We are sorry your experience was, as you described, subpar.

In saying that, your experience was certainly not typical of the majority of our guests comments.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

The food here was fantastic! Try the Costa Rica breakfast or the Huevos Racheros. Both amazing. The chicken curry was a winner at night. I'll have beef maybe twice a year and I'm glad I saved one of those times for here cause the surf and turf was OUT OF THIS WORLD. The view of the pacific are beautiful.

Thank you Bert for yet another great 5 star review.

It means a lot to us and we are happy you shared on this TripAdvisor forum.