I am traveling in Costa Rica with students on an extended study abroad. For the past three nights we have stayed at Cabinas espadille.
The good points: property is beautifully landscaped, two small pools. Restaurant food and service is very good.
The cabins, ah, the cabins. Very tiny, especially for four people.Very little insulation, so any sound from outside is heard, especially the noise from the bar directly across the street. No wifi, although it is advertised. No hot water, ever. No water one morning. No electrical power for one morning. Very basic bed, shower. Toilet smelled unpleasant all of the time. Limited to one towel per person, one pack of coffee per room. Front desk staff very unpleasant and difficult to work with.
For a cheaper price, this might be acceptable, but the cost is the same as other local luxury hotels- I personally went to each one and checked out rooms and cost. Will not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Espadilla Cabins is a beautiful little beach hotel located just one minute from the beach in Manuel Antonio. It has 16 units surrounded by beautiful gardens, a swimming pool and parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cabinas Espadilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabinas Espadilla Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Cabinas Espadilla Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio